Amnesty International hiring Finance and Administration Intern.
Remuneration: 150.000 XOF/ month.
The West and Central Africa Regional Office is looking for a volunteer in the Finance and Administration team for a minimum of 6 months over 5 days a week.
The successful volunteer/intern would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Participate in the different accounting processes (P-account, E-account, ….)
- Assist with the Petty Cash handling (Fill reports, ensure follow up on a monthly basis)
- Assist with the administration tool: set up of new employees / follow up of cash advance and expenses reports in CONCUR
- Ensure a proper follow up of the E-account till their reconciliation
- Participate in IPOS process: requisitions, invoices and follow up with suppliers’ payments (in accordance with the Finance and Office Assistant)
- Assist with the selection of proforma from suppliers and make requests to new supplier team
- Participate in the P-account reconciliation
- Help with the logistic for the organisation of workshops if needed
- Assist with electronic and physical archiving
- Help with the maintenance of office IT materials (in accordance with the Finance and Office Assistant)
- Assist with the annual inventory of IT equipment
- Internship requirements
We would expect the successful volunteer/intern to have the following skills and experience:
- Interest in and knowledge about finance and administration
- Experience in finance and accounting
- An undergraduate degree in finance, administration or a related field.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, online tools.
- Knowledge of finance software is recommended
Conditions of role:
- Volunteering in one of the world’s leading human rights organizations can provide valuable experience and following your successful volunteer placement, you may request to receive references. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International.
- Volunteering is unpaid, although travel and lunch expenses are provided (150.000 XOF/ month).
- Equality and diversity are at the core of our values and Volunteers are expected to participate collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the contribution of others is valued and respected.
- Volunteers are required to comply with our policies and rules relating to Health and Safety, Cultural Diversity and Equal Opportunities and with our security regulations.
Application deadline: 15th January 2021