Contract Administrator / Administrateur des contrats
Endeavour Mining Corporation
Mines et métaux Import et export
Logistique et chaîne d’approvisionnement
À propos de l’offre d’emploi
This position is based on our Sabodala Gold mine site in Senegal.
Rotational position: 4 weeks on site / 2 weeks off site.
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Superintendent/ Senior Supply Chain Co-Ordinator, the Contract Administrator is responsible for the tendering, negotiating, awarding and on-going administration of contracts for goods supply to the Company, in accordance with Company policies, procedures, standards and internal customer requirements.
Contract Management, Compliance and Quality Control:
- Ensure timely and effective preparation and evaluation of tenders, negotiation with tenderers, recommendations to internal customers and management for approvals (excluding government contracts).
- Ensure preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and decline notices.
- Ensure general commercial administration and contract management, and contracts’ close out.
- Monitor and maintain effective contract supplier performance in terms of costs, quality, quantity, services, warranty and availability.
- Ensure all tender and contract documentation is up to date and filed in the appropriate electronic register/SharePoint and hard copy filing system.
- Review contracts, advise and make recommendation about contracts’ legal aspects to the best interest of the site.
- Assist to interpret legislation, government standards and agreements.
- Assist to provide input/informed commentary on improvement opportunities and areas of risk to management.
- Advise on the implementation of new contracts.
- Assist the Supply Chain Superintendent and Senior Supply Chain Co-Ordinator in defining and leading contract strategy through tendering, award, monitoring and close out for Services, Supplies, and Construction contracts.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Administer the contracts process from the need to the contract signature through DocuSign approval with the applicable departments.
- Be the single point of contact between the contract owner’s team, Supply Chain team and the contractors or suppliers.
- Establish efficient evaluation of the tender responses from suppliers.
- Ensure and enforce when required that all Contract activities will be in the best interest of the Company and in compliance with Endeavour contracting and purchasing procedures and policies.
- Lead negotiations with contractors and suppliers.
- Provide post-contract execution support to teams including assistance with vendor dispute resolution, performance management, incentives, liquidated damages penalty provisions, contract extensions, change orders, and terminations.
- Challenge scopes of work and specifications to ensure design-to-cost methodology is applied.
- Co-ordinate and conduct vendor kick-off meetings and contract closeouts.
- Develop and maintain applicable KPI’s related to vendor performance and cost savings initiatives.
- Anticipate and proactively mitigate risks associated with contract performance and issue report to stakeholders.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration.
- Prepare and establish efficient compilation of tender documents, contract documentation and service order documentation, and manage the contract award process.
- Ensure contractor’s work, reporting, scheduling, progressing payments are performed in accordance with contract requirements.
- Audit invoicing and assure compliance with contract terms.
- Prepare documentation to negotiate unsubstantiated claims with contractors.
- Ensure identification and management of changes, back charges, non-confirming work are done properly with each contract and process contract variations, change orders.
- Work closely with Contract Owners and other key stakeholders to ensure contracting processes are implemented in a timely fashion to meet business requirements.
- Build and maintain viable long-term business relationships with internal customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Ensure proper insurance/guarantees coverage is maintained as per contract terms.
- Ensuring the efficient administration and management of all signed contracts.
- Arranging and corresponding of monthly reports to management.
- Monitor contractor performance against contractual Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure all contract documentation is uploaded in EAM/Pronto System/ SharePoint on timely manner.
- Provide support to buyers and expeditors and contract owner team.
- Fully support and actively contribute to any SMI Supply Chain and cost savings initiatives.
- Fully support the purchasing maturity actions.
- Oversee the progress of purchase orders and update register on the monthly basis.
- Oversee the expedition of overdue purchase orders as required.
- Oversee the resolution of delivery, pricing and/or quality issues performed by the purchasing officer with vendors as they arise.
- Oversee purchasing quotation activities to ensure the correct recommendation is made while complying with site policy and procedures.
- Oversee the progress of Contract orders and update register on the monthly basis.
- Oversee the expedition of overdue Contract orders as required.
- Oversee the resolution of any contract related issues performed by the purchasing officer with vendors as they arise.
- Oversee contract tender activities to ensure the correct recommendation is made while complying with site policy and procedures.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Minimum Master or Bac+5 in Contract Law, Supply Chain Management, Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Contracts Administration operations role in a remote mining environment.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of contract law.
- Strong communication, organization and personnel skills, strong analytical capabilities, sound business sense, advanced documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- French / English language skills essential
- Advanced computer literacy, good working experience with MS Office package
- Experience in ERP systems.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in multicultural environment with a preference for West African experience
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and network.
- Strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual skills and be capable of developing lateral practical solutions.
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Reputation for integrity and ethics
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application including your CV directly to the following email address: ...