Ensure overall coordination of the programme in close collaboration with all Amnesty International's partners entities and the donor, and in line with all contractual requirements ; support Amnesty International (AI) Sections in Burkina Faso, Senegal and Sierra Leone to ensure the implementation of activities in line with the programme budget and timeline; facilitate communication and collaboration between the AI West and Central Africa Regional Office (AIWCARO), the implementing Sections, the international Secretariat (IS) and AI United Kingdom (AIUK) as well as other stakeholders where appropriate; facilitate content gathering in collaboration with AIUK when necessary.
You will be passionate about human rights and have experience of working across various administrative tasks in support of a shared programme goal. You will be fluent speaking in French, with the ability to write reports in French as well as English.
- Follow up and coordinate the consolidation and submission of quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports to AIUK.
- Respond to and follow up any queries resulting from the reports within the agreed deadlines.
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Design and implement a comprehensive M&E framework in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor overall programme delivery and progress (activities, objectives, expenditure and risk) through regular communication, reporting, virtual programme review meetings and annual visits.
- Oversee and coordinate in close collaboration with the relevant stakeholders, the implementation of external evaluations (drafting of terms of reference, selection and recruitment of consultant, facilitation of contact between the consultant and partner organisations, etc.).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in the successful coordination of multi-year and multi-country programmes with high-value budgets, preferably focused on gender-based violence, FGM and/or child marriage.
- Significant experience of working for an international NGO, supporting local partners and managing donor-funded programmes.
- Knowledge of women's and girls' rights, gender-based violence, FGM and/or child marriage.
- General knowledge of the West Africa region, and specifically the countries covered.
- Strong financial management skills; proven capacity in budgeting monitoring and financial reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and French.