Head of Logistics
Our client is a team of professionals in the international trade of high quality steel products. The company has extensive experience in international trade with buyers from over 70 countries.
• Managing logistics matters ;
• Supervision of logistic team (warehouse manager, logistic agents) ;
• Control and maintenance of relationships with suppliers (FEA) ;
• Control of bulk shipments in port (offloading/onloading) ;
• Supervision of custom clearance of cargo ;
• Control of cargo transport to warehouses and clients ;
• Organisation and management of warehouses ;
• Establishment of warehouse practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehousing ;
• Supervision of storage area ;
• Organisation and control of dispatching/unloading at storages ;
• Liaison with custom broker, port agent, stevedoring and transport companies ;
• Liasion with custom and port authorities ;
• Ensure shipment transaction accuracy ;
• Supervision of heavy machinery at company’s premises (warehouse and port); ;
• Maintenance of goods and documentation related to custom clearance and warehousing ;
• Control and compliance with the requirements of local legislation in terms of customs regulations and bulk shipments ;
• Implementing and overseeing security operations ;
• Carrying out inventory and control over the remains of goods in warehouses and during transportation ;
• Cargo quality control, input and output control ;
• Interaction with transport companies ;
• Implementation and work on the IT system in terms of warehousing and storage ;
• Preparation of documentation for receiving, movement, and shipment of goods ;
• Reporting to management and other departments.
• Desirable knowledges in heavy machinery (forklifts, trucks);
• Work experience in a metallurgical company will be a plus;
• Spoken and written English is desirable;
• Work experience in an international company will be a plus;
• Perfect knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
• Knowledge of CRM system will be a plus;
• Attentiveness, independence, accuracy, resilience, ability to work under pressure.
• Fixed-term employment contract for 6 months with the possibility of further transition to a permanent employment contract;
• Work in an international company with offices around the world (UAE, Turkey, China, European countries, etc.);
• Opportunities for rapid growth in a team of professionals.
• Diploma in logistics;
• At least 5 years experience and knowledge in logistics;
• Work experience in a similar position with similar tasks for at least 2 years;
• Work experience in import-export field;
• Work experience in bulk shipments.