Regional Roving HR Adviser Senegal(Senegalese Nationals)
NRC Central and West Africa (CWA) region is composed of country offices in Burkina Faso/Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, and Nigeria.
All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and displacements due to conflict.
COVID-19 has produced additional challenges in terms of medical evacuations in an already complex context.
The expansion of Non-State Armed Groups has challenged application of International Humanitarian Law by state security forces contributes to risks faced by communities as well as NRC’s staff.
The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) oversees the country programmes in the region, and provides strategic guidance and oversight across core programme, advocacy and support functions.
The purpose of the Regional Roving HR Adviser is to serve as surge capacity as well as HR operation support to Country Offices including capacity building, systems implementation, pay review, policies interpretation, employees’ relation, duty of care, scale up and change management.
The Regional Roving HR Adviser will also support the CWA region country offices (COs) in implementation of global HR systems and initiatives in accordance with NRC policies and procedures and support building sustainable capacity in HR structures and systems in Country Programmes.
Roles and responsibilities
As the Regional Roving HR Adviser you will be required to undertake shorter-term missions to NRC country programmes (normally up to three months) in CWA.
Assignments are based on requests from NRC’s Country Offices.
You Will Be Overall Responsible For
• Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
• Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on HR.
• Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the HR handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
• Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
• Participate in strategy process for HR Global and take part reference groups for new HR initiatives or thematic issues established by HR Global
• Contribute to fit for purpose HR initiatives ensuring cost efficiency, innovation and a focus on building HR at country level,
• Coach, advice and support CO HR focal points on global HR initiatives including Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, Organisational Design and Staff Care
• Contribute to Talent Management initiatives in portfolio and regional collaboration to increase Learning and Development capacity, workforce and succession planning .
• Share best practises on operative HR issues with other HR advisers in NRC, through regular fora for cooperation (operative issues),
• Interim/gap filling where needed across the region; Reference to specific responsibilities is outlined in a s eparate Terms of Deployment (TOD) which will be developed for each assignment.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Advanced knowledge and expertise in HR
• Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal.
• Managing performance and development
Find link for more detail JD Regional Roving HR Advisor
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box.
We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
• 24 months fixed term contract
• An opportunity for you to match your career to a compelling cause
• A chance for you to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
• Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application