Role and responsibilities
The regional Advocacy Coordinator will play a role in supporting the implementation of the advocacy components of two regional projects that focus on Central Sahel (Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger) on the following topics: Education in Emergencies; humanitarian access (with specific focus on civil military coordination issues).
The Regional Advocacy Coordinator will provide support for the implementation of advocacy, communication and media activities both at regional and country level.
• Coordinate the preparation of high-quality briefings, letters, position papers and other written materials for internal and external use, ensuring strong evidence-base in messaging and following agreed sign-off procedures
• Develop/update and implement communication and media strategies and action plans in relation to the two regional projects.
• Develop communication materials to support advocacy activities, in support to the regional media advisers (press releases, social media posts, media updates, photos, etc.)
• Support the organisation of advocacy events and trainings (logistics, including flights booking, accommodation, venue, etc.)
• Support the mapping of stakeholders (civil society, local authorities, local journalists) to be carried out in Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger
• Participate in relevant work groups, meetings and consultations
• Support the management and monitoring of project implementation: draft the minutes of project meetings, provide regular progress reports, support the development of project reports, etc.
• Support the provision of high-quality analysis on the humanitarian situation in Central Sahel, pertaining to displacement-affected, contributing to improved NRC programmatic response and informing internal and external advocacy products
• Ensure advocacy coherence and reinforce effective synergies between programmes and advocacy to develop products and initiatives with a NRC-evidence base.
• Participate in efforts to ensure systematic training on advocacy media and communication and build capacity of staff
• Ensure that relevant Country Office staffs are informed and briefed on prioritized advocacy issues
• Support the development of a media network at the regional level with international and local journalists
Find more details here: JD Regional Advocacy Coordinator
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box.
We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face.
You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
12 months fixed term contract
An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields