1. JOB PURPOSE :
To support the IPPFARO teams, MAs and partners in financial oversight, risk management and
To ensures the efficient and effective use of resources through support of financial management
and risk management standards, processes and systems that will lead to the achievement of
restricted projects financial accountability.
To support the Head of Operations in financial oversight, risk management and accountability of
MAs and Projects’ partners.
To support the operations of IPPFARO in the sub-Office in Dakar, Senegal.
2. KEY TASKS.
Under the general supervision of Operations Department, the incumbent is responsible for
financial management and risk oversight for restricted and unrestricted projects that enhances
accountability and transparency.
• Support the Head of Operations to ensure department objectives are achieved on time.
• To contribute to building donor trust and confidence in IPPFARO, MAs and projects’ Partners
to effectively undertake sexual and reproductive health and rights programs and projects’
• To ensure Africa Region compliance to IPPF and donor project management policies, best
practices and procedures of both restricted and unrestricted projects including the timely and
complete submission of plans, reports, and other statutory requirements
• To support MAs and project Partners to comply with projects’ funding agreements’
• To support the financial management of FSPI, BMZ projects, COVID–19 and any other
project that the IPPFARO may acquire.
• Receive, review MAs' accounting documents, ledgers and the financial reports for the
projects and follow-up for any clarification and/or additional information and supporting
documents that may be needed from MAs to ensure compliance with the IPPFARO and
donor reporting requirements.
• Provide relevant financial analyses and advice to the IPPFARO and implementation partners
to ensure alignment of program and financial planning.
• To Ensure timely reporting by project partners and review the financials report and
consolidate the reports as appropriate.
• To support the IPPFARO finance Team in handling finance and accounting as assigned
• To support the ARO and MAs efforts to mobilise resources for programmes and long term
programmatic, financial, and institutional sustainability.
• To promote and ensure a strong code of ethics and integrity within IPPFARO and MAs project
management and programs principles and initiatives
• Undertake any other duties that might be assigned by supervisor.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge on financial management and oversight, auditing, and risk
management. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is
conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving
results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Takes responsibility for
incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men
in all areas of work.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits
input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places
team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group
decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for
team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• PLANNING & ORGANIZING:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed
strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and
allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as
necessary; uses time efficiently.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly
interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and
exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format
to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people
An advanced university degree (MA/MSC) in Accounting, Finance management or related field.
Membership of a recognized Professional Body in the related field.
3) Work Experience
At least five years post graduate working experience. Broad experience on financial and risk
management including auditing, risk, budgetary control, financial accounting, and project
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post, fluency in French (both
oral and written) is required. Knowledge of English and/or Portuguese is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise
which may be followed by competency-based interview.
6) Other Requirements
• High level of demonstrated Professional Ethics, Integrity and Confidentiality
• Tactful and diplomatic
• Negotiation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Good knowledge of IT
• Experience in working in a multicultural environment
• Willing to work outside standard office hours as required
• Willing to travel internationally- about 30 days a year
Special Notice :
•The duration of the appointment is subject to the availability of funds.
•The candidates will not be considered for employment if they have committed violations of
international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation,
sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably
be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
•IPPFARO places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any
•IPPF Africa Regional Office is a non-smoking environment