Mastercard Foundation Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
• Temps plein · Premier emploi
About Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a finance expert ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
The Finance team is a key partner to colleagues in Programs and Impact in implementing and managing programs with implementing partners across Africa. Together with Legal & Compliance, Finance works collaboratively to execute and manage partner contracts, develop partner relationships, and meet regulatory requirements, through financial analysis, due diligence, and audit/compliance reviews.
The Finance Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Finance Lead in all financial aspects of our program partnerships in country, including due diligence, budgeting, reporting and contracting. As such, the ideal individual must be self-driven, results-oriented, with integrity and strong listening skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
As the scope and scale of our work across Africa grows, the Finance team structure and processes will also change. The ability to be flexible and adaptable, and a willingness to support wherever needed, are critical to our joint success.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Assist partners & Leads in compliance with the Foundation’s grant management policies and procedures, including due diligence, budgeting and reporting.
• Monitor and perform analysis on program spend against budget and program outcomes, including controls on Foundation’s resources. Provide analysis and recommendations on any proposed changes to the Finance Lead and Programs teams.
• Execute periodic checks on financial controls around partner programs to ensure reliability of financial reports.
• Support the management of the grant management database including commitments, disbursements, cash flow projections and reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information.
• Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
• Perform program finance reporting in line with Foundation cycles and Policies to ensure timeliness, and accuracy in reporting. Ensure critical matters are escalated in a timely manner.
• Identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes within Finance.
• Travel as maybe required in the near future.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Who You Are
• A relevant University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field. Finance/Accounting designation or in progress.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of progressive financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Previous work in the development sector an asset.
• Exceptional business, analytical, with a high level of attention to detail.
• Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
• Flexible, intellectually curious, and open, you are comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and willing to learn and change & execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
• You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.