Blumont is a global organization working with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to building infrastructure, delivering lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and bridging the gap from early recovery through long-term stability and development. Blumont serves underserved populations, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and tackles development challenges through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience. Blumont is looking to identify a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for future work in Senegal. The anticipated 5-year program is funded by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The goal of the program is to accelerate the expansion and sustainability of climate-resilient water services and the adoption of key hygiene and sanitation practices in targeted areas.
The DCOP will provide technical leadership in delivering a climate-resilient, gender equitable expansion of water services and key hygiene and sanitation practices in Senegal. This individual will be expected to work with target communities, humanitarian and development implementers, government staff, and other key stakeholders to deliver a resilient water services program.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Master’s degree or higher in water supply and sanitation, public health, international development or a combination of experience with related degree.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience designing and implementing complex WASH programs in developing countries. Preference for WASH programs addressing climate risks such as droughts and/or flooding and disaster risk reduction strategies. Experience in Senegal preferred.
• Professional experience coordinating with multiple levels of stakeholders including beneficiary groups, staff in government agencies, civil society, and international implementors in developing countries.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English is required
• Senegalese citizens are encouraged to apply.