Data Governance Lead
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Informatique & Télécoms
• ONG et Ambassades
The Mastercard Foundation hiring Data Governance Lead.
Strategic Operations at the Foundation is comprised of three main groups: Operational Excellence, Knowledge Management, and Business Intelligence. The Strategic Operations group’s overall mandate is to integrate operational dimensions into business strategy development, align operational strategy to organizational strategy, and ensure long-term operational capabilities – like Business Intelligence – are able to effectively support business priorities.
The Data Governance Lead will manage the Foundation’s data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving and maintaining data quality while managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, across various Functions in the Foundation.
S/He will work very closely with IT, Finance, Programs, Knowledge Management, Impact, Enterprise Risks, Legal & Compliance teams across the Foundation to achieve the required level of data & reporting consistency, quality, compliance and protection through a well-defined Data Governance Framework.
(This role is open to candidates in any of our country offices in Africa (Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal).
Tasks and responsibilities
• Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
• Roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through established policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
• Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the Foundation’s principal data & information assets.
• Working with IT, Finance, Programs, Impact, Knowledge Management, Enterprise Risk & Legal Teams, to facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards, and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
• Ensure data for reporting is complete, accurate and accessible ahead of timelines while setting reporting quality standards.
• Create governance policies that will enable self-service capabilities as appropriate for reporting and data-informed management tools while collaborating with Functions.
• Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise data maps, including authoritative systems & owners.
• Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
• Effective business partnering with stakeholders to understand business needs, translate into data / analytics / technical requirements, and prioritize ongoing delivery from function.
• Utilize business partnering insights to constantly inform BI strategy and continuously improve service delivery.
• Identify new opportunities pertaining to the use of data to provide data as a public asset for additional insights in solving certain challenges across the continent.
• Work with the Foundation’s external data advisory team to champion Data for Public Good initiative.
• Drive “Oneness” within the Foundation through well-established Data Governance practices while positioning data as a strategic asset within the Foundation.
• Collaborate with the IT team to determine protocols and infrastructure necessary for data collection, validation, storage, structure, retrieval and utilization.
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, Information Management or any relevant field.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a professional services corporation or a large Development/Public Policy Organization, with exposure to data platforms and applications; at least 5 years of experience with data management, such as daily operations of a data analytics and reporting platforms, with a minimum of 2+ years leading a Data Office or data related programs.
• Proven mastery of data governance concepts, being an advocate for the implementation and continuous application of governance principles and processes.
• Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
• Strong understanding of business process mapping, service level management, and RACI matrix.
• Strong business partnering skills and effective communication ability to interact with both business stakeholders and technical teams.
• Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
• Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions.
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Possess tested professional maturity, cultural sensitivity, and impeccable integrity.
• A strong commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
• French language skills are an asset.
Deadline for Applications is 5th May, 2021