(Dakar – Senegal, West and Central Africa)
ICRISAT is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to serve for the Accelerating Impacts of CGIAR Climate Research in Africa (AICCRA) and Hyperlocal Elicitation and Understanding of Risks to Stability in Complex Systems (HEURISTICS) projects based at ICRISAT Dakar, Senegal.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the project Coordinator based in Dakar, Senegal.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world.
ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa.
For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
AICCRA is a 3-year World Bank funded project and led by ICRISAT that envisions increasing access for agriculture research and extension service providers in Africa to knowledge, technologies, and decision-making tools relevant to enhancing the resilience of agriculture and food systems in the face of climate change.
The project aims to implement the sub-regional component of AICCRA in WA through building multi-actor partnerships of existing scientific and educational networks and centers in order to achieve outcomes through engaging with individual partners at country level.
Specifically, this project will enhance the capacity of national regional public institutions and private firms (e.g., input providers, ICT companies, media) to develop delivery models for climate services and for CSA knowledge, approaches and tools to support effective intra-regional and south-south adoption in various value chains.
AICCRA builds on the valuable experience of CCAFS which brings together the world’s best researchers in agricultural science, climate science, environmental and social sciences to identify and address the most important interactions, synergies and trade-offs between climate change and agriculture.
CCAFS is structured around four closely inter-linked global research flagships: Climate-smart agricultural practices;
Climate information services and climate-informed safety nets;
Low-emissions agricultural development; and Policies and institutions for climate-resilient food systems.
For more information visit ...
Under the direct supervision of the project’s Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will be tasked to assist/facilitate the implementation of assignment and the flow of information between the Coordinator of the project and the AICCRA-Senegal partners (IRI, ILRI, CIAT, CERAAS, ANACIM, ANCAR, etc.).
He/she will also facilitate the implementation of the various projects (HEURISTICS, for instance) in Senegal.
In particular, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Assist the Coordinator in day-to-day management of AICCRA-Senegal project;
- Monitor contracts and liaise with AICCRA’s partners organizations including disbursements of funds and reception of technical and financial reports;
- Organize workshops, meetings and make travel arrangements for ICRISAT staff based in Senegal;
- Serve as secretary to manage meetings of the project coordinator;
- Liaise with the administrative and financial officers of ICRISAT Bamako to handle various administrative tasks pertaining to the AICCRA project;
- Assist manage ICRISAT bank account transactions in Senegal.
- Minimum of B.Sc./DUT (Secretariat de Direction) or Equivalent;
- Advanced use of Microsoft office and related programs especially, Word processing, excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize the work;
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced;
- Five years’ experience in Office management and secretarial services;
- Language requirements: Fluency in English and French;
- Ability to get along with and motivate co-workers;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
The contract will be for two years renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
This position is under the category of NRS (Nationally Recruited Staff), with competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply
Applicants should apply on or before Wednesday 5th May 2021 with the latest Curriculum Vitae, submission letter and the names and contact information of three referees that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience.
All applications will be acknowledged, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to the following email address ...
« ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff ».