The International School of Dakar’s (ISD) dedication to excellence and quality has allowed us to become a leader school in Africa. We are looking for an experienced Technical Quality Supervisor (TQS) who will assist the Operation Coordinator to build on this reputation with unwavering commitment. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our campus and maintenance services to the next level with respect to accuracy, security and safety. The TQS will be in charge of developing a complete Quality Assurance program that not only safeguards our campus and services, but also fosters a culture amongst the service staff.
Under the supervision of the Operation Coordinator, the TQS will ensure that services rendered by the ISD Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team is fit for purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. The TQS will coordinate activities required to meet these standards.
1. Determine, negotiate and agree on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
2. Work with the O&M team to set ISD service standards for Quality as well as for Health and Safety.
3. Work with procurement to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
4. In cooperation with the Operations Coordinator, manage and monitor the Faculty and Staff online request system for both Campus and Housing needs; to ensure tasks are fully completed.
5. Monitor and assess the quality of the Campus and Housing maintenance and repairs.
6. Prepare the daily work-schedules and work-orders for the O&M Team.
7. Manage and monitor routine maintenance schedules for equipment and buildings.
8. Monitor and control consumables and materials requested by the O&M Team for campus and housing maintenance and repair.
9. Manage inventory of O&M tools and supplies.
10. Monitor, review and report fuel and gas issues and consumption.
11. Measure performance and identify areas of weakness, make recommendations and implement improvements
12. Determine training needs.
13. Assist the Operations Coordinator with negotiating purchases and contracts.
14. Assist the Operations Coordinator in preparing the annual budget.
15. Stand in for the Operations Coordinator during their absence and perform duties that may be requested by Senior management.
To perform the Technical Quality Supervisor position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Systems Engineering, Business Administration or closely related field
- Minimum of two years experience in operational services, process improvement, project management, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and knowledge..
- Extended knowledge in MEP. Other technical areas are a plus.
- Experience in Leadership roles
- Confident and self motivated
- Detailed oriented, accurate, punctual, meticulous and proactive
- Problem solver skills.
- A team player with good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English and French. Oral fluency in Wolof desired.
- Excellent Computer skills: Word / Excel / Database management / knowledge of Gmail and Google docs.