• Dakar, Senegal
• Audit - Comptabilité
BP hiring Tax Advisor.
• Acquiring deep understanding of bp’s ambition and short and long-term priorities in Mauritania and Senegal Region
• Understanding bp’s vision for ways of working in the region from a tax and finance perspective and working to achieve this vision
• Holding key external relationships in Mauritania and Senegal, e.g. tax authorities, Ministry of Finance personnel, Grand Tortue Ahmeyim Unit Tax Director, big 4 Tax teams, BCAEO and local Tax and Finance teams of other industry players
• Build a strong understanding of the contracts and licenses under which bp operates in Senegal and lead on ensuring openness achieved during Concessionaire audits to preserve future project cost recovery
• Forge a strong network with partners and other IOCs, through the development of an industry group to resolve issues associated with complex tax and accounting application in Senegal
• Working in close collaboration with non-local bp tax team and outsourced service providers to mitigate tax risk in relation to complex projects operating within unique tax regimes
• Playing a pivotal role in bringing greater certainty to tax environment within which bp is operating, including driving the satisfactory conclusions of tax audits
• Having oversight of outsourced tax compliance activity including the Annual Statutory Reporting and compliance with SYSCOHADA and proactively considering audit-readiness, with support from bp UK tax team
• Monitoring tax legislation changes to handle impact for bp and ensure all compliance obligations are met
• Supporting resolution of tax issues in relation to major subcontractors
• Integrating into the broader global bp tax function, with a focus on collaboration and sharing expertise
Education: Education to degree standard with a relevant additional professional qualification
Experience and skills:
• At least 10 years post qualification experience, including exposure to Upstream oil and gas activity, gained in industry or private practice
• Strong network in Senegalese Tax and Finance circles
• Sound understanding of international and Senegalese tax principles
• Experience of (or ability and willingness to learn) tax and finance processes in Mauritania
• Excellent English and French communication skills (written and oral)
• Track record of working independently and in collaboration with culturally-diverse and geographically-dispersed teams
• Strong prioritisation and time management skills
• Ability to travel to Mauritania and work closely with tax/finance teams across different country locations in the Region as and when needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation.