IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Sub-Saharan Africa Department is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and well-organized Senior Executive Assistant to support the Regional Director for West Africa. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the Director’s front office and the broader Sub-Saharan Africa Department.
The position is based in Dakar, Senegal.
Duties and Responsibilites :
• Provide high-level administrative and organizational support to the Regional Director
• Effectively communicate with all members of the Front Office to ensure coordination of efforts and efficiency
• Coordinate the Director's calendar, schedule and travel arrangements; Make sure the Director is fully prepared for each meeting/presentation/event
• Maintain a strong overview of the Department’s work program, ensuring timely delivery of tasks/actions needed by the Director and the management team. Help ensure that the Director action list is consistently current
• Provide quality control by monitoring documents for accuracy, ensuring adherence to unit and Bank guidelines and procedures, and assisting in editing, formatting, and production of documents and correspondence
• Proactively handle incoming emails. Delegating these to the relevant staff members and following up to make sure that they are handled on time. Independently prepare answers to queries
• Follow up to ensure that management decisions and assignments are properly carried out
• File, retrieve and track information for the Director's office
• Manage special departmental projects and other ad hoc duties as assigned by the Director toward the attainment of departmental goals
• Act as a liaison for the Director with external clients, Department's management team, HQ colleagues, including senior management, other Directors, and Executive Directors - handling sensitive matters with finesse and discretion.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Advanced knowledge of office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral
• Demonstrated maturity, discretion and good judgement; absolute integrity in handling confidential information
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a range of contacts both internal and external.
• Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity, to prioritize and multitask and to handle a diverse range of situations with tact and diplomacy
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team oriented, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups
• High degree of resourcefulness with the ability to anticipate and solve problems and demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile
• Ability to influence others, excellent team building, collaboration and partnering skills. Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor support staff is an advantage
• Highly developed personal integrity, strong values and personal ethics, role modeling tact and discretion
• Passion, drive and commitment to the World Bank's development agenda and mission and ability to inspire
• Business level English and French is mandatory
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.