Job Title: Regional Sales Manager Retrofit & Upgrade 4-stroke
Business Unit&Department: MAN Energy Solutions – PrimeServ Senegal
Direct Line Report:
- MD of MAN ES SN +
- Head of Sales and Tendering Retrofit and Upgrade 4-stroke (located in Augsburg)
Grade/Rank: ONLY TO BE COMPLETED BY HR DEPARTMENT
Expand the company business with current and new customers through increased sales within the MAN Product and Portfolio range. Build market position by locating, developing, refining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Ensure business growth through direct involvement with specifics products marketing development to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities & Authorizations
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching markets and industries and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integrations of MAN-ES solutions and products with customers operational needs and strategies; examines risks and potentials; estimates clients’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business units.
- Customer Relations Management: Implements effect key account management with new accounts.
- Identifies decision makers and influencers for major accounts.
Cultivates the relationship with the major accounts. Ensures flawless flow of communication between the regional management and customers.
- Targets and gains new business as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities and to gain comprehensive knowledge of the market sector and what is influencing it.
- Shares knowledge, experiences and expertise with key clients, customers and third parties, plus work with Regional Managers to effectively target prospects using a regional team approach.
- Prepares and presents presentations for internal and external customers.
- Travels to internal and external customer locations.
- Prepares reports as required for both General Managers and senior personnel.
- Develops marketing plans to implement, grow existing, and new business together with business intelligence.
- Develops literature for customers to learn about new and existing products and services that the company offers to grow existing and new business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Projects between up to € 500,000.
Always the 4 eyes principle policy within the local approval matrix.
Managing Director always needs to sign together with the employee.
Company Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
- To comply with the Company Code of Conduct
- To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- To undertake such other tasks that may be reasonably required
- To adhere to all Company processes and procedures
- To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
- To be aware of, and adhere to, all Health & Safety laws & guidelines relevant to your role and to the safety of your colleagues, visitors and external partners
Profile of Job Holder
(A description of the company recognised leadership/role related competencies)
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to manage processes.
- Ability to analyze information and develop strategies.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent selling skills.
- Verbal Communication.
- Organizational Relationships.
- All employees share the responsibility for encouraging a proactive safety culture through demonstration of being a positive role model, proper safety behaviors and safe work practices.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university degree in engineering or business (MBA is of advantage)
- Min. 5 years’ work experience in a sales or project development position in marine industry and/or power plants;
- Deep understanding of marine business and/or power plants;
- Customer oriented, entrepreneurial, self-disciplined, and highly motivated with ability to focus on defined priorities;
- Experienced in leading large acquisition projects;
- Excellent communicator with very strong negotiating skills
- Readiness to travel as required by business needs (partially ?25% of the time and sometimes on very short notice)
Experience &Skills (What is required for the role)
- (MBA is of advantage)
-Sufficient experience necessary to demonstrate understanding of mechanical systems and operations is required. -Experience with and theoretical/practical
-knowledge of diesel engines, turbochargers, pumps, propellers, turbines, automation or transmission systems is desired.
-Required 3 rd party Certifications/Qualifications:
Works in a routine office environment with frequent sitting and occasional standing.
Specific Knowledge (Fits to exact duties & tasks)
- Revenue growth by means of achieving sales targets
- Revenue growth by means of increasing market share
Personal Profile (personality traits that would assist in success in the role)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or
members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Proficient with computer related functions plus use programs required:
SAP, Concur, MS Office. Excellent communication skills. Reporting
Skills. Excellent organization skills.
Tools/Instruments (What tools are used in this position)
- Mobile Phone
Communication (With who and about what)
- Internal MAN Network
- Headquarter MAN
Communication in different languages
- Fluent in spoken and written English, additional foreign language are advantageous
- Titles of positions reporting directly to this position: 0
- Number of employees supervised
- A. Directly: 0
- B. Through subordinates: 0