• Min. 5 years of projects management experience on solar projects.
• Graduate from a premier university with a degree in engineering. Graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications considered a plus.
• Experience with maintaining minimum functional specification, commissioning checklists, and standard operating practices for rooftop solar projects.
• Working experience of the Senegal context in electrical norms, renewable energy regulations, construction codes, is appreciated.
• Knowledge of project management good practices, engineering, and solar specific software such MS Project, AutoCAD, PVSyst, Meteonorm, SolarGIS, Helioscope, Sketchup, etc.
The Project Manager will have the following activities:
• Manage multiple projects execution at a time from EPC contract negotiation to hand over with focus on safety, quality, budget, planning and documentation management.
• Support and follow-up the permitting and Engineering team in local approvals and regulatory obligations
• Support & follow-up on-board suppliers including EPCs and engineering consultants, in full respect of HSE, Quality and compliance guidelines and specifications. Engage in commercial negotiations and maintain relationships, to ensure equipment and contractors are optimally and sustainably procured.
• Ensure strict adherence of projects design and material selection as per contractual requirements
• Ensure construction quality & safety by regular visits and reports
• Manage projects construction with focus on safety, quality, budget and planning
• Ensure proper projects commissioning and testing of the plant as per contractual requirements and industry good practice
• Handing over the projects to both O&M Team and Client in line with set contractual objectives
• In charge of documentation management following company requirements
• Work in line with Group Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) requirements
• Liaise with technical services for technical specifications use and continuous improvement and with remote engineering support when applicable
• Engage in commercial negotiations and maintain relationships, to ensure equipment and contractors are optimally and sustainably procured
• Participation in improving the Project Management Office (PMO) by implementing and adding tools good practices
• Built strong Relationship with Client after proper handing over from sales/development team
Context and environment
The affiliate is a relatively small affiliate in the group and that requires the need to be agile in order to contest in a very competitive market and business environment for Solar.