Position Title: Program Associate
Reports to: Country Director
Location: Dakar, Senegal
The West Africa Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program that incorporates the use of skilled short- and long-term US volunteers to address critical needs—such as reducing poverty, providing essential services and technologies to smallholders, and educating young women and men for meaningful and productive work. F2F will also foster strong people-to-people connections with benefits for hosts and host communities, as well as for volunteers and their work in the United States.
The F2F Program goal is to generate sustainable, broad-based economic growth in the agricultural sector. A secondary goal is to increase the American public’s understanding of international development issues and programs, and international understanding of the
United States and US development programs.
- Support day-to-day program implementation by providing technical and logistical support to achieve assignment objectives.
- Liaise with hosts and partners to develop scopes of work for volunteer technical assistance.
- In coordination with the Country Director, liaise with the volunteer in advance of the assignment as necessary to provide background information about the country, sector, host, or other.
- Facilitate volunteer assignment implementation, including:
- Accompanying the US and National volunteers during their assignments and serve as interpreter as needed.
- Ensure assignment logistics are completed in advance of the volunteer assignment.
- Monitor the volunteer’s work.
- Work with hosts to collect and compile accurate and timely baseline and project impact data.
- Prepare and complete all volunteer assignment documentation (pre-assignment documentation, End of Assignment report, debrief, attendance sheets, etc.) on a timely basis and submit to CD for review before sending to HQ.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans, semi-annual, and annual technical reports, meeting USAID and Winrock requirements.
- Compile impact survey data from hosts and partners.
- Liaise with field staff, hosts institutions, HQ staff/support units, project partners, and donors.
- Professionally represent Winrock and Farmer-to-Farmer while attending coordination
meetings, with USAID, other NGOS, and government.
- Research and gather host background information.
- Work with volunteers to write, edit, coordinate and produce quality, and accurate End of Assignment reports and outreach pieces.
- Participate in outreach activities related to the F2F program and volunteer assignments.
- Contribute towards country planning to further the program’s ability to meet or exceed targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Required in Agriculture, Environmental Science, International Development, or a related field. A focus on climate-smart agriculture or sustainable agricultural practices is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in program management or coordination, preferably in an international or cross-cultural setting. Experience in agriculture, environmental sustainability, or a related field is a plus.
- Understanding of climate-smart agriculture practices and principles. Familiarity with sustainable farming and environmental conservation strategies.
- Proven ability to support the implementation of complex projects, including planning, coordination, and execution.
- Experience in collecting, compiling, and analyzing project-related data.
- Professional proficiency in written and oral English language skills required. Ability to serve as an interpreter during volunteer assignments is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including volunteers, host institutions, and donors.
- Strong organizational and logistical skills, with a proven track record of effectively managing project logistics.
- Ability to professionally represent the organization in various settings, including coordination meetings with USAID, other NGOs, and government bodies.
- Capability to research and gather relevant background information for projects.
- Experience in participating in outreach activities and promoting program objectives.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment. Familiarity with the project region's culture and customs is preferred.
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and ability to handle fieldwork.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and familiarity with project management tools.
- Travel: Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required by the project.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, in line with project demands.