Since 1944, Heifer International has helped more than 36 million families lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily, educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene, and other essential resource. When many families gain this new sustainable income, it brings new opportunities for building schools, creating agricultural cooperatives, forming community savings, and funding small businesses.
Heifer Senegal is looking for a dynamic, flexible and results focused People Business Partner to fill the role of Country People (HR) Manager. The position holder will support Heifer’s strategic objectives by managing the People Function in the country office of Senegal as well as contributing to the Africa People Strategy via a matrix management structure.
Are you excited to join the diverse and passionate team and help save lives and increase sustainable living Income to small holder farmers?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- People strategy
- Recruitment Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement and Relations
- Compensation Management
- Learning & Development
Perform any other duties and responsibilities as required by Heifer Senegal’s Senior management.
Reporting Directly to the Heifer Senegal Country Director with a matrix reporting relationship to the Africa People Director, the position holder will actively engage in HR business strategy development and contextualization, assist business and senior management to identify emerging people issues, and support organizational change processes as well as broker HR solutions for country programmatic impact. The role will further develop and coordinate the implementation of the people strategy for Heifer Senegal in line with the business and group people strategies.
- Ability to manage complexities, cultivates innovation, is action-oriented and plans and aligns work process to drive excellence,
- Ability to manage the culture and environment of the organization relative to the country, regional, and HQ levels. Ability to adapt and be flexible to act in a changing and complex environment, with a multitasking mindset.
- Deep understanding of INGO or global context. Strong understanding of country labor law.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Proven 8-10 years’ experience, 5 of which will be in managing HR functions in a dynamic organization.
- Previous experience with an International NGO is highly valued.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business, or a related field. Continued HR education/certification is a significant plus.
- Comfortable learning new technologies and HR systems. Previous experience with HRIS.
- Experience in implementing strategy, meeting objectives, and working within a matrix structure.
- Excellent influence skills, team management, active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of Senegal Labor Law.