Posting Title: INTERN - HUMAN RESOURCES, I (Temporary Job Opening)
Job Code Title: INTERN - HUMAN RESOURCES
Department/Office: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Job Opening Number: 22-Human Resources-UNODC-178425-J-Dakar (O)
Staffing Exercise N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Regional Office for West and Central Africa, seeks to recruit 2 interns for an initial period of four months with an opportunity for extension to a maximum of 6 months, pending on the needs of the department. The tentative starting date is November 2022.
This internship can be carried out either in-person or remotely for part or the entire period of internship.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Under the general supervision of the HR Assistant, the intern would be responsible for a full range of activities.
The intern provides HR services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The intern promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
The specific tasks may include:
Compliance review of recruitment request to align with UN staff regulations and rules.
Review intern recruitment requests, provide information and guidance to offices and candidates, and assist with the on boarding incoming interns.
Advise hiring managers and staff on recruitment.
Assist in the digitization and distribution of official documentation.
Develop an inventory of documentation to be retained, recording them in the office databases and shared drives.
Perform other related duties, as required.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
1. (a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s
level or equivalent); OFFICIAL PROOF FROM THE UNIVERSITY SUPPORTING ONE OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS SHOULD
BE ATTACHED TO THE INSPIRA APPLICATION
2. Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
3. Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
4. Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.