• Niveau d'études: Non précisé
• Expérience: Non précisé
• Expire le: 31-10-2020
Transports et logistique
Country Manager - Togo
Last application date: 31/10/2020
We are looking for a commercially focused and driven candidate to take up the new and exciting role of Country Manager in Togo.
The Togo Country Manager leads the Maersk and Maersk Logistics & Services organisation of 34 people in Togo. He is responsible for managing the ocean volume and Logistics & Services gross profit budget for Togo.
The aim of this role is to drive growth and profitability in a complex yet interesting business environment with many business opportunities.
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity.
You will get to focus on creating valuable relations and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
Moreover, you will expand your business network and enrich your market and product knowledge while contributing to the continuous success of the Central West Africa Area.
You will gain substantial general management, people management experience and Senior leadership exposure in this role as you will be a part of the Maersk CWA Area Leadership Team.
Responsible for Togo P&L for Ocean and Logistics
• Building on corporate strategic priorities, develop and monitor Mali P&L target (to be signed by Area Managing Director)
• Manage performance and ensure targets are met across functions and brands
• Deliver Local sales targets
Align Togo strategy and Local product development with Area
• Building on area strategic priorities, define Togo vision & strategy & business planning
• Ensure Local product dev. address Local needs and corporate strategy
• Execute on Global/Regional/Area product strategies in Togo.
Ensure governance guidelines are met in Togo
• Ensure local compliance to Global strategy/pricing guidelines and product specs/requirements
Establish team to be Local integrator of container logistics in Togo
• Establish team with strong logistics knowledge and capabilities for target verticals and Local market customization needs
Act as general representative for the unit towards external parties inc. board representation for JV’s
• To design and drive an effective commercial strategy in Togo for both Ocean and Logistics and services.
• To drive growth and profitability along with cost and efficiency improvements
• To lead the organization ensuring all commercial, operational and financial targets are met.
• Continually manage key stakeholders and customers relations
Essential Job Tasks
• Drive performance management with the team structure to deliver the country’s performance scorecard
• Execution in line with the Maersk global Strategy and the local strategy implementation and commercial delivery in the geographical scope
• Manage the local sales organization
• Relentlessly drive the commercial pipeline and sales standards in line with the company’s commercial principles
• Direct involvement in negotiations with key clients
• constantly endeavour to standardize and optimize sales
• Liaise actively with the Area Product to ensure dynamic pricing achieved
• Assume partially fixed and dotted line responsibility for Operations and ensure operations
under country responsibility performs effectively in close liaison with internal key stakeholders
• Assume dotted line responsibility for all Human Resource, Customer Service, Finance delivery despite the functional reporting lines
• Represent Maersk with all relevant stakeholders
• Lead and coach the organization (including pipeline and talent management)
• To effectively identify/attract/develop and deploy talent to meet both long/short term business targets
We are looking for
• Proven and demonstrated commercial competency with specific emphasis on sales and commercial and financial acumen
• Business development skills
• Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English and French
• Proven experience within a complex and challenging environment; experience in cross functional leadership (i.e. general management) would be a plus;
• On the ground experience within a Francophone African country would be highly beneficial
• Commercially minded, collaborative, outgoing and convincing personality;
• Result oriented and excellent communication and decision-making skills; sense of urgency.
• Able to align objectives with business strategy in order to ensure all agreed targets are met;
• Proven ability to interact with senior management of various stakeholders including government bodies