PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Lead the MFI, building an organization that honors Christian values positively impacting the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a focus on the rural areas of Mali.
- Create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks.
- Manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets.
- Work closely with WV to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and obtain funding from the partnership and donors.
- Deal with regulatory issues and reinforce RMCR positioning as a top regulated deposit-taking MFI in Mali.
Mission & Purpose & Business Acumen:
- Delivery on child impact targets.
- Develops, monitors and implements short and long term business plan.
- Reports to the board using standard reporting templates on a regular basis.
- Develops and deliver on key performance indicators for RMCR.
- Ensures the culture of the whole organization reflects its mission and vision.
- Develops key performance indicators as per VFI and Board guidelines.
- Ensure that the plans are cascaded to implementation groups and staff.
Financial Management & Fundraising:
- Ensures that annual financial projections, reports and budget are prepared for the board on time.
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages RMCR’s resources within those budget guidelines.
- Ensures that effective and efficient financial management system is installed and maintained.
- RMCR is stably profitable.
- Develop proposals to acquire and maintain funding, credit lines, and others financial & non-financial resources required to attain VF objectives.
Risk Management & Compliance:
Ensures that all loans are prudently disbursed.
Ensures savings products are effectively priced and delivered (subject to MFI board approval).
Ensures that effective internal control and risk management system is established and maintained.
Formulates and implements guidelines, procedures, internal regulations that are consistent with the policies set forth by the Board, VFI and the industry regulators.
Ensures that the institution complies with the Central Bank requirements.
People, Leadership & Culture:
- Provide effective Christ centered leadership & Culture.
- Ensure recruitment of competent senior and middle management.
- Ensures effective staff development, succession planning and performance management systems are in place at all levels & Compensation & benefits.
- Approves and confirms staff appointment, promotion, demotion, termination and transfer.
- Embodying of People & Culture policies & procedures.
- Create a culture of performance where talent thrive, staff are engaged & motivated.
Integration & Partnership:
- Ensure at national office and branch level integration strategies are fully understood, communicated and practiced.
- Actively promote joint livelihoods projects with World Vision.
- Ensures that both VFI and RMCR and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image.
- Develops networks and strategic alliances to positively influence the economic policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum a Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field.
- Must have at least ten years of working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institution.
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance industry and technology.
- Must have worked experience in regulatory environment and better with institution that intermediate savings.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward.
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values.
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach.
- Fluent in French and working knowledge of English.
Knowledge in microfinance and banking
Office environment: typical office based and frequent travel to fields (40% traveling and 60% office based).
Travel: 90% Domestic 10%