Talent Acquisition Manager, Africa
PATH Dakar, Sénégal
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity.
With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH's success is based on our ability to recruit and retain people who meet the highest standards of excellence and integrity. Our recruiting team has a significant impact on solving global health challenges when we hire people with the right skills and an aptitude for impact and collaboration. Successful recruiters are strategic advisors who utilize their expertise to guide and support timely and effective talent searches. We are seeking a talented, passionate, Leader. This role will Manage a team of divisionally aligned Recruiters and Recruiting Coordinators who partner closely with PATH leaders to develop a long-term strategy to attract and hire top people, develop talent strategies, and proactively pipeline for future hiring needs.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Talent Acquisition Manager to lead the Africa Recruiting Team.
• Manage the Recruiting team that consists of Africa based Recruiters and Recruiting Coordinators. Balance recruiting needs and team capacity, ensuring coverage and workload allocation.
• Serve on the Recruiting Leadership Team by advising on recruiting team decisions and contributing to the development of the recruiting team strategy, work plan, budget and project planning.
• Oversee the adoption and consistent usage of the optimized recruiting process and contribute to the continuous improvement of recruiting practices.
• Maintain thought leadership in next-generation recruiting practices and associated tools.
• Ensure the Africa recruiting team remain in compliance with PATH’s hiring process and practices.
• As a working Manager serve as recruiter for certain roles, including providing coverage for recruiters’ absences.
• Oversee Recruiting’s effort for capacity building of hiring managers in the areas of networking, sourcing, interviewing and assessing talent, and onboarding.
• Oversee and participate in networking and social media activities, career fairs and other events.
• Provide oversight and monitor performance. Provide feedback, guidance, and mentorship during regular meetings with each team member.
• Hire, train, and onboard new Recruiters, RCs, external resources, and contractors as needed.
• Contribute to the oversight and management of recruiting related projects. Help set project priorities, assign activities to members of team, and engage and lead identified projects accordingly.
• Oversee execution of PATH’s Affirmative Action Plan, engaging PATH leaders and HR colleagues in diversity and inclusion efforts.
• Create and foster relationships with diversity affiliated groups and government agencies, professional organizations and academic institutions to attract and hire diverse candidates.
• Participate in work authorization (visa/green card) efforts aimed at filling talent gaps, partner with HR business partners and operations to ensure effective execution.
• Oversee select recruiting systems and tools, e.g. ATS, Ref Check System, Team SharePoint site.
• Ensure compliance with PATH policies and practices and applicable state and federal laws. Develop and drive adherence to recruiting guidelines and best practices and update operational and training material.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in full life-cycle recruiting with exposure to the NGO or life sciences sector.
• Previous management experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Strong leadership skills and proven ability to apply best management practices across a diverse team.
• Proven effectiveness leading talent searches while demonstrating professionalism, discretion, fairness, and confidentiality.
• Experience recruiting for senior leaders and highly technical professionals.
• Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and keep others apprised of progress.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated success applying effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Track record of creative problem solving, establishing trust quickly and engaging others to create win-win situations for the organization.
• Demonstrated effectiveness working efficiently, productively, and with urgency in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
• Knowledgeable about project management processes and methods.
• Proven success using online recruiting tools and strategies to identify talent.
• Proficiency in Recruiting Systems (i.e. SilkRoad, Skill-Survey, Avature, etc.).
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please Be Advised
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.