Durée : 12 months (renewable)
Date de prise de poste : 01-Oct-2021
Objectif général du poste
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979.
Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children.
Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Under the general guidance of the Regional Representative, the Regional MEAL is responsible for supporting the development and harmonization of effective and robust Gender sensitive Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning processes.
Objective 1: Implement an innovative and gender sensitive ACF MEAL strategy at Regional level
- Consolidate the existing MEAL regional strategy and ensure its effective roll out and implementation;
- Capitalise MEAL approaches and tools developed by the missions and provide recommendations on context specific MEAL strategies at country level in line with the regional strategy;
- Provide guidance to Missions on development of MEAL SOPs to guide the roll up of a standardized methodology across the country offices;
- Advocate for adequate staffing and budget to support MEAL activities (at regional and missions’ levels) and provide recommendations on the organizational chart of MEAL departments to relevant missions;
- Engage with diverse internal and external stakeholders (other INGOs, donors, etc…) to share experiences and advocate for best practices around gender sensitive MEAL.
Objectif 2: Standardize gender sensitive tools at regional level and ensure a regular follow-up on donors’ requirements on M&E
- Support, coordinate and harmonize M&E mechanisms and practices;
- Provide guidance and technical recommendations regarding the development of gender sensitive and protection needs assessments at country level, where requested;
- Meet donors at Regional level and ensure that ACF M&E tools respond to donors’ requirements;
- Improve or disseminate M&E tools in coordination with HQs and MEAL coordinators at country level and facilitate the implementation within missions.
- Support countries offices in developing monitoring and evaluation tools in gendermainstreaming
Objectif 3 : Contribute to quality improvement
- Lead and support gender sensitive qualitative research across multiple countries;
- Perform program quality assurance and support the regional office technical Advisors as well as the country offices MEAL HoD in data quality audits, in mid-term and final reviews and provide guidance on field monitoring and evaluations;
- Promote the application of good practices in needs assessments and program design.
Objectif 4: Reinforce gender sensitive accountability and learning at regional level and facilitate an evidence-based programing
- Develop (where needed) and harmonise missions and stakeholder Gender sensitive FBM (Feedback Mechanism) tools and protocols developed at mission level in order to standardise the approach and assist missions without MEAL capacities on implementing effective FBM systems taking in account the different needs of females males beneficiaries.;
- Lead and encourage the MEAL Coordinators in strengthening and rolling out their gender sensitive accountability and learning frameworks at mission level, providing regular communication flows and sharing of best practices;
- Ensure timely establishment of stakeholder FBM and Accountability Frameworks at mission level based on existing best practices within ACF.
- Support country offices in the development of an evidence-based programming.
Objectif 5: Build capacities and ensure trainings at country and regional levels
- Develop capacity building initiatives with identified stakeholders, including training and mentoring for field staff based on gaps in specific areas of knowledge and practice;
- Train technical focal points, regional office staff and partners on M&E tools, database use and sex and age disaggregated data interpretation to improve data for decision making;
- Develop a gender sensitive training curriculum for MEAL middle-level management and perform training in Dakar;
- Support country offices in the recruitment process for M&E-related roles.
Correspondez-vous au profil que nous recherchons ?
Degree in International Development, Humanitarian affairs, project management, research or equivalent.
Technical specific knowledge:
Extensive experience on project cycle management, research, data gathering and management, statistics, quantitative / qualitative analysis and reporting.
Previous experience (years):
At least 7 years of experience within humanitarian organisations, and at least 3 years at coordination level in M&E Positions or tasks.
Experience in large scale emergency response and multi countries portfolio monitoring and evaluation and reporting to donors.
Extensive experience in conducting surveys, assessments and evaluation for multiple sectors (Nutrition and Health, WaSH, Food Security and Livelihoods, Mental Health and Care practices)
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
Knowledge of West and Central Africa and local customs is an asset.
Knowledge of Action against Hunger is an asset
English (and proficient on written English)
Able to work under Windows OS.
Proficiency on the basic office tools (at least Word and Excel)
Knowledge on databases and mobile data collection systems (ODK) would be desirable.
Mobility (national/ international):
Notre paquet remuneratif
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
• Formal work contract: 12 months
• Base: Dakar
• Compensation packaged: from 30960 € to 38760 € gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context.
This salary includes a base salary + context plus + living expenses and per Diem in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange)
• Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
• Travel costs to and from the mission.
• Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
• Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
• Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
• 25 working days of paid leave per year.