The NRC is on an ambitious Digital Transformation journey to become a leader in the use of data and technology to deliver better. Having made the transition to cloud, NRC is now investing resources in building an ecosystem of digital tools that range from back-office ERP to end-user field-based applications. Given NRC’s operating environments, the challenges are many and require context-specific ICT leadership, adaptation and problem-solving.
NRC believes that the use of technology can be the pathway to doing more with less, enabling both efficiencies and new ways of working to tackle “wicked problems”. Recognising we are not alone in this, NRC has coordinated and collaborated with peers on technology implementation and continues to do so through organisations such as NetHope and other forums. Another increasingly important aspect of NRC’s technology ambition is partnering with technology providers who have an interest in putting their solutions to work for impact.
The role of the Regional ICT Adviser will be fundamental to NRC effectively succeeding in the implementation of technology solutions to drive scale and impact across its operations.
- Lead the development of the ICT/technology components of the Regional strategy, as per the NRC’s global ICT strategy (direction, guidance, and standards), and ensure the dissemination and implementation in the region.
- Provide strategic input to Country Office ICT colleagues and Senior management on strategy, with relation to ICT/technology plans and initiatives
- Contribute to the global ICT strategy, policies, and development priorities by representing Country and Regional ICT needs and priorities.
- Manage performance and staff development of any regional ICT staff and play a technical role in these activities for the most senior ICT staff in countries within the region
- Support and monitor compliance with the ICT strategy and policies, and respective quality assurances – including through field visits and spot checks.
- Responsible to plan, align and coordinate the roll out and use of global digital solutions across the entire region
- Influence key stakeholders at regional and country level on digital transformation, including investments and partnerships.
- Represent NRC at Regional ICT/technology forums and peer collaboration, including NetHope and other opportunities
- Promote technology and data related capacity building and learning paths for all NRC staff at Region and Country levels, identifying specific needs and following up on progress.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years working in IT roles at similar or equivalent level
- Proven technical ICT management expertise
- Experience in leading technology projects and/or roll outs
- Broad knowledge or experience of ICT tools and solutions
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of staff management and capable to work with people from different cultures and traditions
- Knowledge and experience with ICT tools as: O365 and Microsoft Azure environment, Microsoft Windows server, Windows10, Antivirus Software: F-Secure, Service Desk Solutions, Backups and DRP, MySQL and SQL databases, Salesforce, PaaS, SaaS, Networking: Cisco Meraki Network devices and platform, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN.
- Capable to travel in hard-to-reach areas
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimise results
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Commencement: As soon as possible
Contract: 24 months
Grade: 9 in NRC's grade structure
Duty station: Dakar, Senegal
Find the full job description here: JD CWA Regional ICT Advisor.docx
Only nationals of Senegal will be considered for this role.