Project Quality Manager
30 Nov 2021
Project Quality Manager
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users.
More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet.
Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard.
The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 30 million people reached in 2019 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will play a key role in expanding Viamo’s Project Quality (PQ) function to improve our institutional project implementation process and ensure quality & impactful implementation, timely execution of deliverables, and budget expenditure.
Your role is to ensure that Viamo’s country implementation teams have the most up-to-date data, tools, process and technical support needed to successfully implement Viamo’s complex projects portfolio across 30+ countries.
• Operationalize Viamo's PQ vision across complex projects in more than 30+ countries worldwide
• Ensure program implementation teams are compliant with Viamo’s PQ minimum standards and processes and are aware of any relevant updates.
• Develop and innovate Viamo’s PQ resources including tools, processes & guidance documents with guidance from the PQ director.
• Update and maintain Viamo’s project database and dashboard.
• Support and train the Programs team on relevant PQ processes and provide one-on-one support to Programs team members when needed.
• Manage the PQ Community of Practice (CoP), documenting, presenting and facilitating discussion of program management best practices, lessons learned and other knowledge resources as needed
• Coordinate with different Viamo departments to resolve PQ issues when needed.
• Research and document new donor compliance requirements and ensure program teams are aware of any updates
• Contribute to other Project Quality priorities as needed
• Provide backstopping of Program Managers and PQ-supported project teams as needed.
Key Performance Indicators
• % of Projects with complete data
• % of Projects meeting PQ standards
• % of Projects meeting budget and implementation KPIs
• Team engagement in PQ CoP
Team and Reporting Structure
• Reports to: Project Quality Director
• Flexible, ideally on or around Africa time
• Experience of 3+ years in the development sector
• Experience working on projects in Africa / Asia
• Project management experience with USAID projects, including reporting and budgeting
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Excellent excel and budgeting skills
• Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
• Experience developing and facilitating training initiatives
• Experience in knowledge management tools
• Experience in managing databases
• USAID contracting experience
• French and/or Portuguese language skills
• Experience implementing other donor-funded projects
How to apply
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients' needs.
In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.