Mobile iOS Engineer
YASSIR Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
Temps plein · Premier emploi
Yassir is the leading “Super App” for French-speaking Africa targeting the unbanked and underbanked population.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery (we are the market leader in North Africa with over 2 million active users). Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally. Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era. (Today, +57% of Africans do not have access to affordable financial services).
We are active in Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, France, and Canada and planning to roll out our services across most of French-speaking Africa in the next 12 months.
About The Role
In this role, you will be part of our engineering team, working with a high quality code base and the latest tools, where you will promote your skills to be an expert in complex frontend development in iOS (swift and swiftUI) native platforms. Your primary focus will be development of mobile applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to a highly dynamic environment, where root cause analysis and rapid collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are required.
• Design and build mobile applications for Android.
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
• Work with the engineering and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
• Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
• Must have technical skills with at least 2 years of experience
• Language: iOS (swift) native
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notification
• Web architecture: Rest and restful APIs, micro-services
• Version control: GIT
• Nice to have technical skills (Strongly advised)
• Containers: Docker, kubernetes
• Caching, Redis server
• Scaling, Web load balancing
• Experience in a rapidly growing company in the mobility, on-demand or fintech space is a plus
• BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
• Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
• Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
• Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment or in remote
• Paid company holidays
• Full social coverage
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN YASSIR
• Join one of the fastest-growing tech companies in North Africa
• Have a lasting impact on our company's culture
• Make a real impact on the world by helping us bring affordable financial and on-demand services to millions of Africans
• Work on some really hard technical challenges from identity infrastructure for Africans, digital payment networks to complex mapping and routing systems across the continent.
• We are the first Algerian startup to go through Y Combinator program and we’re backed by top investors including Unpopular Ventures, Rebel Fund and DainTree.VC
How to apply
Please fill out the form below, and upload your CV in English. We review applications on a rolling basis and give equal opportunities. We celebrate diversity and strive to foster an inclusive environment.