Mid to Sr Backend Systems Engineer (Cloud)
SENEGAL /R&D: ENGINEERING /FULL TIME
WebFX is a proud Google Premier Partner with 4 offices in the US (and another one on the way!) as well as an office in Guatemala and one soon to be in South Africa! We are continuing to expand worldwide and would love for you to be a part of that! In fact, we doubled in size in the past 5 years and are projecting to once again double in size and be a global, publicly traded tech company by the year 2030 - operating in every continent, servicing clients globally. We currently have talented team members across the globe (representing 13+ Countries) who work remotely full time and have done so for 10+ years.
No matter where you’re located, we’d love to have you join our mission of providing world-class digital marketing solutions to mid-size businesses on a global scale. We thrive on driving business growth for our clients and are looking for people who take pride in their marketing efforts and enjoy having fun at the same time. Sound like you? Great! Keep reading:
Why Choose WebFX
We've been named the #1 best place to work in our headquarter's home state of Pennsylvania for 7 years in a row and offer the same culture and benefits to our global, remote team members. Along with a very competitive base pay, we offer company profit sharing, performance bonuses, On-going learning bonuses (yes, you get paid to learn!) and time zone differential pay. World class digital marketing training, long term career track, Health Insurance (including dental, vision, remote doctor, etc), and there's seriously a ton of other benefits! To name just a few:
- If you’re located in one of our operating countries (Guatemala or South Africa), this is a Full-time (non-contract based) position. Either way, WebFX offers long term stability to all of our FXFamily members. In fact, many of our global/remote team members have been with WebFX for 9+ years and we’re hopeful you can be too!
- We put our people first, it’s as simple as that. You’re never on your own - when you run into inevitable challenges, we’re there to support you along the way!
- Long-lasting relationships with both clients and team members due to consistently low turnover rates that are simply unheard of in our industry, because again, we put our people first.
- Fully Remote or hybrid/in-office options if you prefer and are within commuting distance of one of our international locations (Antigua, Guatemala and Cape Town, South Africa).
- Fully equipped in-home office setup including computer, dual large monitors, headset, seriously fast internet, generator and more!
- Be part of a rapidly growing company that at the same time only partners with clients who share our values
- Unrestricted access to our dozens of proprietary softwares/platforms our internal R&D team has developed for our team’s exclusive use, in addition to access to the many 3rd party tools and softwares we utilize internally in order to WOW our clients. You can learn more about just some of our proprietary tools here!
- Merit-based promotional structure
- We have a very strong commitment to giving back globally - in fact, it’s one of our values here at WebFX. As a member of our FXFamily, you get to be a large part of that simply by achieving your goals - since 2014, we’ve committed to donating globally through our FXBuilds program. You can learn more about that here!
What You'll Get
World-Class Training and Ongoing Career Development
- No matter your level of experience, our “Bootcamp” web marketing training program is provided for all new WebFX “family members” to learn, grow and develop in and out of the office with the hard skills necessary to be successful in their position.
- From training with our Award-Winning Sr Developers, Designers and Project Managers to access to countless industry leading online training resources/courses/tutorials to getting experience with nearly 1,500+ different clients with various platforms, digital services and in every industry you can think of (and then some), our training program is simply unrivaled!
- Training doesn’t stop after your initial training period, we offer career development training and monthly Lunch-and-Learns with our state-of-the-art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, industry-related updates, and more!
- FXLearns program – where you get incentives for taking advantage of our countless industry training resources
- After 1,500+ clients, we’ve been able to truly master our processes and procedures – you will be trained on all of those - no need to develop how to do things (unless you want to help us continually improve that process!) – because we refuse to ever stagnate, we are always pushing the envelope to make those processes 1% better too!
Opportunities for Growth
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years both locally and globally, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant if you're meeting or exceeding position performance metrics. We believe in growing and promoting our internal team first and foremost. In fact, 95% of our promotions are internal! All team members have a very clearly defined progression path, so you know exactly what is expected of you so you can put your career in your own hands. And what’s more, you’re not expected to know it all - we believe in continually striving to be an expert in your subject matter of expertise – so while we will purposely challenge you to grow in SEO/PPC/Google Analytics, we are a full service agency that has experts in other departments that handle everything else - from link building, social media, web design and web development. So you can truly master your trade.
Our goal is to hire on 50+ team members over the next 36 months in South Africa and setup a satellite office with remote working still an option.
We're hiring a backend systems developer to help design, grow, and maintaining our server-side of web applications. You'll take the lead of all server side code and APIs of our web applications. You'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle from design, to development, deployment and maintenance of new and updated features. Ultimately, you’re the lead for all backend activities and will set the bar for quality throughout the team.
If you are looking for a position where your input will be valued, then look no further!
We've been named the best place to work in Pennsylvania for 6 years in a row, and we extend all of the same benefits to our full time remote team. (free internet, FXLearns, PTO/Vacation, Computer/Monitors, health insurance, profit sharing, career growth, etc). On average, our remote full time team members get a 20% raise from their current salary.
Over the past 4.5 years, we've not had any turn over on our international team!
During our call, we can show you a demo of our amazing platform!
• Generate recyclable code libraries
• Implement ongoing security systems
• Develop cloud data pipelines to transform and process data between systems
• Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization
• Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
• Configure usability of all front side applications
• Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
• Keep a backup library before any large changes to server
• 3+ year experience in a related field (Cloud Engineer, DevOps/Back-End Dev, etc)
• Working experience (internship or full-time) of open source web development
• Mobile app development and/or React Native experience
• Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
• Cloud-based, serverless technologies
• Traditional server management
• OOP and procedural programming methodologies
• CSS Frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, Intuit)
• JS Frameworks (e.g. jQuery, React, Vue, Backbone)
• Git Version control (or other version control software)
• Package management and Task Runners (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Gulp, Grunt)
• Browser testing abilities using built in developer tools
• Previous development firm/agency environment experience a plus
Optional - TensorFlow and Machine Learning
Candidates with experience with AWS RedShift, Kinesis, and Data Pipeline will also be considered
A little more about WebFX: We're a 350+ person web and digital marketing agency based out of Pennsylvania, however we have full time talented employees throughout the world! We currently have team members in 14 countries!