International Donor Services (IDS) Advisor
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Journalisme - Édition
• Management - Gestion de Projet
• Marketing - Communication
• ONG et Ambassades
SOS Children's Villages International
SOS Children’s Villages recruits un International Donor Services (IDS) Advisor – WCNA.
Location: Dakar / Senegal or any SOS Children’s Villages National Office in WCNA (West, Central & North Africa)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages.
As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners.
We work in 136 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
• Position title: International Donor Services (IDS) Advisor – WCNA
• Work Unit: Fund Development and Communications
• Department: Individual Giving
• Location: Dakar or any SOS Children’s Villages National Office in WCNA
• Reports to: Team Leader – International Donor Services (IDS) – WCNA
About the role
SOS Children’s Villages International launched its ambitious 2030 strategy. Engaging, inspiring and retaining our donors and increasing their value over time have been identified as key to our income growth. This role is part of the regional Individual Giving (IG) Team, that sits within the Fund Development and Communications Department.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the IDS Team Leader in Dakar, the the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Act as regional focal point in providing support to selected National Associations;
• Support the ongoing development of a strong network across Member Associations to drive a significant increase in sponsorships income through improvements in donor value optimization especially in the area of retention;
• Help identify the critical insights and the best practice examples that maximize opportunities to increase the value over a supporter’s lifetime;
• Collaborate effectively with sponsorships teams at national levels to ensure implementation of regional or federation action plans in countries under supervision and contribute to improved standards, processes and tools.
• Facilitate capacity building at regional and national levels and promote peer-to-peer collaboration;
• Provide systems support to National Associations if and where needed;
• Support the launch and development of new sponsorship products in National Associations;
• Help identify the critical insights and the best practice examples that maximise opportunities to increase the value over a donor’s lifetime
• An advanced university degree (or Bachelor with 5 years’ relevant professional experience) in Marketing, Business Administration, Languages, Communication, Journalism, International Relations/Development, or any other relevant subject;
• Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking mandatory, additional language (French, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic) would be a strong asset;
• Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook with proven experience in fundraising database management;
• Knowledge in graphic design and multimedia, including the use of softwares such as Adobe Premiere Clip,
• Any Video Converter, VSDC Video Editor, etc.
• Previous management experience of Individual Giving fundraising across a range of acquisition channels, preferably with a focus on donor retention and donor experience within a large INGO is an asset;
• Ability to travel internationally for up to 40%;
• Is able to identify with the vision, mission and values of SOS Children’s Villages;
• Experience in executing strategies for effective donor development and retention;
• Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity;
• Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability to motivate others;
• Ability to think critically, objectively, analytically and strategically, solve problems quickly and show initiative;
• Previous multi-country and remote support experience preferably in Africa is an asset
• Ability to articulate the work of SOS Children’s Villages with passion.
• Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
• Possibility to make a significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations and help children in Africa
• Professional and personal development opportunities
All employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
What We Stand For
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your detailed application: CV including 3 references and cover letter in English by 14 November 2021
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Closing date : 14 November 2021.