Finance and controlling Intern
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Banque - Finance - Assurance
• ONG et Ambassades
SOS Children’s Villages
SOS Children’s Villages International is hiring a Finance and Controlling Intern.
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages.
As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners.
We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed: Finance and Controlling–Intern.
SOS Children’s Villages International seeks a dynamic and resourceful intern who will assist the Finance Team in participating in the global mission of the Finance and Controlling Department which is the main supporting service for the International Office for Region West Central and North Africa.
He/She has the opportunity to gain experience and enhance his/her career development and growth.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The intern will:
• Ensure booking of transactions
• Assist the team in the tracking and labeling of fixed assets
• Assist the Finance team in accounts analysis and any other tasks related to financial and accounting management.
• Minimum Bac +2 Accounting / Finance
• 3 years experience in Finance or Accounting in NGOs or private companies
• Knowledge and experience in all GL accounting : Assets, Receivables, Liabilities, P&L
• Accounting software knowledge SAGE/ Navision or D365 will be an advantage
• Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
• Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
• Multicultural working environment
• In accordance with the organization’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation.
We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature.
Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response.
They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (detailed CV and cover letter) with the position title in the subject line (Finance & Controlling Intern), by September 25 th, 2021, at the latest.