British Council hiring English Programmes Project Manager – Senegal
Implementation of projects funded by British Council or by another client or funding mechanism. Leads the successful delivery of a range of projects from start to finish including managing the contract or project plan, managing client or internal stakeholders, successfully achieving reporting and meeting compliance standards. Or works within a larger programme or multi country programme on a particular component.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
• Has relationships with delivery partners and stakeholders within country and is able to procure services and contract delivery partners.
• Ensure sound financial planning, working closely with finance teams to ensure British Council and client financial year plans are up to date.
• Contributes to development of, owns and delivers on Project Management Plan
Role specific knowledge and experience:
• Experience of managing projects from start to finish and familiarity with project life cycles.
• Understanding of procurement, evaluation, and reporting requirements of projects.
• Proven experience of managing project finances.
• Experience of managing stakeholders
• Project management qualification desirable.
• Experience of working in project or programme management.
• Experience of using technology in project delivery.
• Good understanding and experience of supporting monitoring and evaluation.
• Foundation level Project Management certificate
• experience working in the English language teaching sector in Senegal
• Pay Band – BRC-6-F
• Contract Type – Fixed Term till 30 August 2025
• Salary: XOF 1,178,774.00
• Location: Senegal
• Language requirements: C1 English
• Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
• Role could require some domestic and international travel and some out of hours and evening work.