Introduction to GGGI
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. To learn more please visit about GGGI web page.
Senegal has become member of Global Green Growth Institute since November 2014. Confirming the needs to set its development trajectory toward an inclusive and sustainable green growth. To support the implementation of GGGI operations in Senegal, a five-year Cooperation Framework (CF) document was jointly endorsed in 2016 by the Minister of Environment and Sustainable Development and the Resident Representative. It covers three strategic representations: (i) Sustainable urban development; (ii) Sustainable development of territories; and (iii) Governance of Green Growth.
The cooperation between GGGI and Senegal will provide solutions to energy, water and sanitation, transport, waste management, land use and climate sustainability, and waste management, as well as land use and climate sustainability issues, and on the other hand to support the institutionalization of green governance and the development of green financial mechanisms financial mechanisms.
We are looking for a talented individual to support GGGI’s Senegal office to deliver both internal and external communication activities and initiatives in the country. Under the guidance of the Senegal Country Representative the Communication Consultant will support the development and implementation of communication plans, including the creation of content and visuals, support the production and dissemination of knowledge products, and will contribute to stakeholder engagement initiatives in line with project goals and objectives. The Communication Consultant will also support GGGI’s Senegal office to build its visibility and supports GGGI’s global communication and knowledge sharing interventions and is part of the Global Communication and Knowledge Sharing team.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a communication plan for GGGI in Senegal.
• Engage with the media and develop press releases and news articles related to the GGGI Senegal country program activities/events.
• Regular update the content on the GGGI Senegal webpage.
• Assist in the audiovisual and photography assignments.
• Assist to maintain Visual Identity Guidelines across all communications related material.
• Assist in developing layouts, templates, formats for reporting and presentations at events, workshops, conferences, etc., with local, regional, and international stakeholders.
• Assist in the development of national and subnational stakeholder awareness raising events.
• Document success stories and work with the HQ Communication and Knowledge Sharing team to publish and disseminate research and knowledge products.
• Ensure alignment with GGGI’s and donors’ communications guidelines including visibility and branding. Ensure approval processes are fully in place.
• Identify and produce high quality communication materials including blogs, reports, multi-media presentations for internal as well as external audiences.
• Monitor coverage of Key GGGI Senegal issues in national and regional media and track GGGI Senegal media coverage.
• Assist in the coordination of outreach activities.
• Develop and maintain/update contact details of stakeholders, partners, vendors, donors, clients working with GGGI.
• Assist the team with any other duties as required regarding raising the profile of GGGI’s Senegal program.
• Ensure that all communication materials and products fully integrate gender and social inclusion concepts.
• Assist in preparing and publishing content on GGGI’s social media platforms and maintaining a consistent flow of audience relevant content from country, regional, HQ offices (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook).
Skills and qualifications required
• Bachelor’s Degree or postgraduate degree/diploma in communication, journalism, international relations, or related field with at least 2 years work experience.
• Good understanding of the context of Senegal.
• Excellent communication skills (writing) in English and as well as national languages particularly writing and/or editing experience in one or more fields related to green growth/environmental science/climate change.
• Experience in content production, including data analysis and copywriting.
• Working experience in publication production tools and applications.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Attention to details, high sense for quality and accuracy.
• A strong team player – working in a very collegial and collaborative manner with other team members and contributing to a positive work environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
• Understanding and commitment to gender and social inclusion.
• Experience in International Organizations, development agencies, or the non-profit sector would be an advantage. Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-sectoral and multi-cultural team environment would be an advantage.
Commitment to GGGI’s values.
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must meet the minimum qualification listed above. Please note that only shortlisted/finalist applicants will be interviewed or contacted.
All applications must be submitted no later than the deadline, Korean Standard Time (KST). Application submitted after the deadline will not be considered Application. Cover Letter, and CV must be sent in English. A consortium, or a firm may not be engaged for the individual consultant assignment.