Blumont is a global organization working with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to building infrastructure, delivering lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and bridging the gap from early recovery through long-term stability and development. Blumont serves underserved populations, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and tackles development challenges through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.
Blumont is looking to identify a Chief of Party (CoP) for future work in Senegal. The anticipated 5-year program is funded by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The goal of the program is to accelerate the expansion and sustainability of climate-resilient water services and the adoption of key hygiene and sanitation practices in targeted areas.
The CoP is a senior leadership position and will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and quality assurance of the project. S/he will also provide technical assistance. The CoP will be Blumont’s primary point of contact with USAID and all relevant stakeholders. S/he will collaborate with the relevant Ministries and other critical partners to provide high-level support for effective capacity building at the local level and sustainability of the project interventions. The CoP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities, and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and Blumont’s regulations.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines
• Lead start up activities including offices establishment and team recruitment
• Ensure technical compliance with the agreement/contract with USAID and timely delivery of project activities
• Oversee systems for project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement to ensure that program results are met
• Proven leadership and organizational skills; demonstrated success managing and coordinating large and disparate work groups
• Ensure proper financial management, procurement, human resources and logistics management in compliance with Blumont’s policies
• Create a positive working environment for all staff and ensure fair professional growth and training opportunities for team members
• Facilitates collaborative partnerships between relevant donors and stakeholders
• Represent Blumont and the project before USAID and in coordination meetings with national institutions and international donors
• Work with the project’s security focal person and Blumont’s regional security focal person to develop and maintain systems that promote the safety and security of all team members
• Support identification of growth opportunities in the region
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s Degree required in water supply and sanitation, public health, business administration, international development or a related advanced degree
• Minimum of 10 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing complex WASH projects, climate resilience, and/or governance programs in developing countries
• Professional experience managing relationships with senior-level officials and staff in government agencies, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector in developing countries, experience in Senegal is preferred.
• Proven success serving in a leadership role for a project addressing issues related to water supply and sanitation
• Knowledge of and familiarity with USAID program requirements, and their policies and regulations
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills and ability to build strong relationships with host governments’ institutions, local and international NGOs, and donors
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English is required.
• Senegalese citizens are encouraged to apply.