INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF DAKAR
THEATER SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO / SUPERVISED BY: Assistant Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
The Theater Supervisor is a full time position responsible for the organizational structure and day-to-day operations of the Performing Arts Center (PAC). The Supervisor will provide technical support and creative input for all performances and events held in the PAC and is responsible for equipment and facilities oversight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain systems that allow effective collaboration with groups requesting access to the Theater.
- Liaise with organizers of events and provide technical support, including stage management, sound, lighting and health and safety protocols.
- Organize technical equipment, recommend secure equipment storage locations.
- Manage inventory of all Theater equipment and materials; general cleaning and maintenance.
- Purchase and maintain a list of consumable supplies and equipment.
- Maintain catwalks, backstage areas, and the technical area level in a clean and orderly condition.
- Verify that facilities are kept in an optimal condition to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Post signs and notices as needed to inform staff and users of policies and procedures.
- Meet with school operations staff as needed to inform them of issues needing attention.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Well informed about Health and Safety in a Theater.
- Educated in sound and lighting
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills in English and French. Wolof is a plus.
- Must be willing to accommodate irregular work schedules. Based on production timelines, working
hours may fall on weekends or during school vacation periods. (Flexible work hours 40hrs per week)
- Aptitude for learning and applying new technologies quickly and effectively
- IT skills are essential.
- This position requires an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre is preferable or equivalent experience in supervising the organizational structure and day-to-day operations of the Performing Arts Center.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional theatre setting.