Flowserve hiring Sales Engineer.
Flowserve is looking for a motivated Sales Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with key customers and trade organizations, understanding and solidifying purchase agreements, customer alliances and market trends. The candidate will also develop a keen understanding of Flowserve operations to enhance selling effectiveness and coordinate selling efforts with other internal and 3rd party selling channel partners.
• Drive bookings levels to meet and/or exceed assigned bookings goal
• Maintain regular, planned communication with key customers in the area you support
• Develop and implement marketing plans aligned with regional sales objectives to support organizational goals
• Serve customers as a primary contact for all business dealings, ensuring all customer concerns are being addressed including proposals, deliveries, repairs, quality, warranty claims, etc..
• Educate customers on the quality, features and uses of our products through the full use of the company’s marketing materials
• Collaborate with application engineers, customer service, and manufacturing to ensure customers’ needs are met
• Knowledge of the design and operational requirements of rotating pumps, mechanical seals and related equipment
• Skilled at product demonstrations, presentations and business writing
• Proficient in technology such as Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
• Maintain organized records, including regular reports, quotes, status, actuals, expenses, etc
• Demonstrate financial acumen to discuss business decisions, particularly return on investment in support of solution selling
• Able to work independently, efficiently and communicate productively with others
• Some physical activity required, such as walking large customer sites, lifting at least 50 lbs, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities
• Other duties as assigned
• Sales experience with rotating equipment such as pumps and mechanical seals
• Experience in the oil & gas, power, paper and chemical industries, including familiarity with API 610 Standard
• Training in sales techniques, negotiations and business finance
• Demonstrated skills in leading meetings, including setting agendas, preparing, facilitating discussions and assigning follow-up activities
• Ability to lead root cause failure analysis and communicate results
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Project management experience is a plus
• BS or BA Degree in relevant field and / or 0-2 years relevant experience