Head of Brands - Jumia (Full-time)
Jumia Group Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
Temps plein · Directeur
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
• T he marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact.
• Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
• JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa.
Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
• Establish and maintain brand budgets
• Define and manage the brand communication strategy using a variety of media
• Own the development and messaging of the brand narrative
• Identify research needs, execute research projects, surveys and focus groups to further accelerate the brand growth
• Own and ensure consistent messaging and brand narrative across marketing channels
• Plan, manage, and execute key awareness activities to deliver the company’s objectives as general, and the campaign’s objective in specific using all awareness channels
• Manage the strategy for organic social media, influencer marketing and brand activities
• Manage team, setting their KPIs, and continuously develop positive spirit
• Produce creative video/audio content to deliver specific messages required for campaigns and brand building activities
• Develop innovative marketing spirit across the team to continuously come up with new innovative ideas
• Set specific KPIs for each activity and evaluating its ROI
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Top-tier Engineering school, or top-tier Business school with clear analytical profile (prior experience in tech/finance a plus)
• Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to be immersed in a very international and entrepreneurial environment
• Sharp, analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Data analytics project and experience are a must, knowledge of the basic optimization algorithms (ideally previous experience in big data, marketing tech, etc)
• Previous experience in digital marketing or data analytics
• Well organized and ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects
• Level headed and can express ideas in a clear and impactful manner
What we offer
• A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial yet structured environment
• An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders of our future internet service lines
• The opportunity to be part of the team of talented people with the best backgrounds