Nom de l’entreprise : Dimagi
Lieu de l’entreprise : Dakar, Sénégal
Dimagi was born from the belief that there's a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first.
Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
Dimagi works on a broad range of international development issues, including strengthening community health information systems, digital care coordination, and digital tools for strengthening agricultural extension programs.
About The Competitive Consortia Practice
The Competitive Consortia Practice within Dimagi supports the national scale and sustainability of Dimagi's large, multi-year programs in low and middle income countries. We collaborate as program partners with international NGOs and governments to co-create digital solutions for programs working to support vulnerable populations at the last mile across sectors including health, agriculture, water and sanitation.We work in synergy with the broader digital health and development ecosystems and have staff spread across 8 countries, providing technical assistance, implementation support, enterprise product development, capacity building, and advancing the self-reliance of our partners.
About the position:
Dimagi's Competitive Consortia Practice is seeking a Project Manager, as it works with its partners to implement a mobile technology solution for providing health services in under-resourced settings.
This will be a 12-month fixed-term contract with possibility for extension.
The work we do currently involves the design, development and large scale deployment of mobile applications and dashboards for health programs and intense collaboration and coordination with partners to ensure the broader success of their programs.
This role will collaborate closely with Dimagi's teams in India, Africa, and the USA.
You will provide project management, technical consulting, capacity building, and training of trainer services associated with developing and deployment of health system strengthening IT programs.
You will have the opportunity to become an expert on digital health products and technologies (most notably CommCare) and develop solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
You will be working in Dakar, but in an agile environment, alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of Dimagi's product managers, engineers, and development specialists.
The successful candidate will have strong relationship management and communication skills and be comfortable working independently and part of remote, distributed teams.
It is estimated that this person will spend the significant majority of their time on project work.
Location of Assignment: Dakar, Senegal, with occasional local and international travel.
Duration of Contract: 12 months, with possibility of extension.
• Gather requirements for the ongoing refinement, evolution, and expansion of the client's applications and associated digital systems more broadly.
• Manage expectations of the client's project stakeholders in terms of system features, capabilities, and service standards. Manage the project with an eye to the big picture as it relates to long term sustainability, strategic value and impact of the overall intervention.
• Coordinate with client's partners and vendors to ensure an end-to-end solution.
• Prepare and maintain project plans outlining the activities, necessary steps, risks, and dependencies of given work streams as the project progresses and report updates on a bi-weekly basis.
• Lead meetings to review project progress, mitigate risks, coordinate tasks, and ensure quality implementation, with the client's designated teams.
• Facilitate training of trainers on Dimagi's technology systems.
• Work alongside partners in designing applications, visiting implementation sites, and building partner capacity.
• Other responsibilities, as required, to ensure the success of Dimagi's large scale programs.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years of project management experience working on delivering technology solutions
• Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and operate reliably
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to represent us in meetings at various levels.
• Excellent partnership management experience. Experience of having managed expectations in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Highly adaptable and able to learn
• Well organized and able to handle a high volume email inbox.
• Interested in technology design and able to grasp and manipulate technological concepts quickly
• Comfortable with software tools such as Asana, G-Suite, and Skype
• Professional fluency in oral and written English
• Professional fluency in oral and written French
• Experience as a business analyst or technical product owner
• Knowledge of public health systems in French West Africa
• Experience working with African governments
• Experience working with USAID- or CDC-funded programs particularly with technology implementation in low resource settings.
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive with market rates. The consultant will be reimbursed for any travel or business-related expenses.
If interested, please include your CV and cover letter in English with the application below.
• Technologies et services de l’information
• Gestion des associations et fondations
• Logiciels informatiques
CDD ou mission ponctuelle
• Management de projet
• Technologies de l’information