MAN Diesel & Turbo has a vacancy in Dakar (Senegal) in the field
service department for the earliest start date.
- Electrical and automation specialist is responsible to perform works on complex engine and auxiliary problems
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipments are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Supervise and lead team of service engineers & technicians, skilled labour, and work crews in all activities concerned with field engineering works aspects
- To comply with the Company Code of Conduct. To adhere to all Company processes and procedures
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all Engineering Standards, QA/QC and Safety procedures, plus all Company rules and regulations.
- Electrical and Automation specialist is responsible to keep record and inform his superior and team members about recent lessons learnt in order to avoid reoccurrence of similar problems or to increase effectiveness and efficiency in future.
- Identify and implement “on?the?job” training programs with the aim of developing and improving team members’ competency in required skills and abilities.
- EHS Compliance: it is essential to be aware of and adhere to all Health &Safety laws & guidelines relevant to your role and to the safety of your colleagues, visitors and external partner is compulsory.
- Execute all responsibilities in line with lawful and ethical standards as per statutory legislation
- Detailed understanding of the business both technical and commercial levels. Seasoned engineer with 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset combined with a high degree of customer satisfaction and intimacy orientation
- Excellent skills set required in areas such as communication and project management
- Strong networker, engaging, well aware of the local market and within MAN ES
- Trouble shooting and fault finding
- Sound interpersonal, presentation as well as intercultural skills and understanding
- Very good coordination, organized and communication skills in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to uphold the highest ethical standards, high integrity
- Understand and gain knowledge about Engineering products, equipment, customer base and applicable processes
- Fluency in French and English