DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY/PUBLIC SECTOR MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (SENEGAL NATIONALS), INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
January 13 2021
Dakar , Senegal
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide.
In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India.
From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges.
Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan Associates is actively seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Public Sector Management Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Senegal Public Financial Management (PFM) Support Activity.
This is a four-year activity to provide support to the Government of Senegal to improve public financial management and public accountability for service delivery.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in overseeing project implementation and will specifically provide technical leadership on legal, institutional, procedural, regulatory, and capacity building issues to implement a result-based budgeting approach in Senegalese public entities and improve public accountability.
• Under the direction of the COP, develop and manage a successful program strategy to implement result-based budgeting and improve public accountability in Senegal;
• Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors in the public sector and establish and maintain relationships with government officials, private sector, and civil society actors;
• Oversee public sector technical implementation in a manner that focuses on local systems strengthening, local ownership, and a results-based approaches;
• Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Nathan procedures;
• Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments;
• Cultivate and lead an effective technical team focused on innovation, results, inclusion, and compliance; and
• Serve as Acting COP in the COP’s absence.
• Advanced degree in business administration, economics, law, public policy, public finance, or a related field;
• At least 12 years of experience in implementing USAID programs or similar activities;
• Technical expertise in result-based budgeting reforms and tax and revenue administration;
• Substantial experience working with public sector, private sector, and civil society actors in a developing country context;
• Previous experience managing and implementing donor-funded public financial reform activities of similar complexity and scale;
• Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and build consensus among team members, partners, and stakeholders; and
• Strong written and oral presentation skills in English and French; and
• Senegal nationals are encouraged to apply.