Description du poste
BILINGUAL HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for ensuring sound and strategic planning, management and leadership of the human resources functions of the Company as a strategic partner to the Director General and Country Manager to enable the company gain competitive advantage in CI.
Profil du poste
Duties and responsibilities
• Advises management on the formulation of human resource policies, advises departmental heads on the interpretation and implementation of approved policies, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures, ensures all HR policies and procedures are effectively carried out for auditing and compliance purposes.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with local employment laws and regulations; keeps abreast of latest trends and technology related to human resource functions, identifies and suggests ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
• Ensures planning, monitoring and evaluation of performance management system, provides technical guidance to appraisers, and provide assistance to managers during employee performance appraisals to ensure that performance is in alignment with Company’s goals and objectives.
• Takes responsibility for staff recruitment, selection and shortlisting process in order to ensure a timely and organized procedure is used to hire staff.
• Ensures staff onboarding procedures are complied with; design and implement job specific orientation/induction for new employees and employees whose job assignments have changed as a result of promotion, transfer, etc. to foster positive attitude toward Company goals and objectives; ensures that newly engaged employees are appropriately inducted.
• Administers benefits programs such as health care, leave, employee recognition/incentives, welfare scheme, and other employee benefits if any.
• Ensure proper management of employee exits; conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Maintains the work structure by designing and updating job descriptions for all positions in consultation with department heads.
• Supervise preparation of payroll and submission to Accounts department.
• Identify training and development opportunities, conduct trainings, and liaises with department heads to conduct both internal and external trainings.
• Administers disciplinary code to ensure its implementation in accordance with statutory labour provisions; ensures that the company’s disciplinary and grievance code is adhered to by conducting hearings into disciplinary issues and grievance concerns to ensure amicable resolution, and advises management on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Ensures that effective communication exists between management and workers of the company to foster healthy relations; represents the company on negotiations; develops relationships with local union representatives and key contacts for all union related concerns.
• Coaches and provides basic counselling to staff with performance related challenges.
• Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
• Organizes employee engagement activities, meetings, durbars, etc. to promote good working culture and good working attitude.
• Promotes health and workplace safety of staff.
• Provides advice to management on a broad range of employee issues including general HR issues, policy interpretation, work conditions, employee development, performance management and succession planning.
• Supervises the HR information system and attendance system.
• Supervises the preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly HR management reports.
• Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department
• Oversight responsibility of the Security/Janitorial services
• Delivers any ad hoc duties requested by any senior management personnel.
Relationships (specify reporting lines and main internal/external relationships)
• Report to Director General and Country Manager
• Reporting into this position: HR Assistant/Front Desk Executive
• Internal Key contacts: All Departments
Competencies’ and skills:
• In depth understanding and interpretation of Cote D’Ivoire labour laws and HR best practices.
• Strong Industrial Relations background
• Superb communication skills in both written and oral French & English; ability to build rapport quickly, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to add value as both an individual contributor and active team member to the Company.
• Experience of dealing with difficult people and situations in a calm, tactful, diplomatic and composed manner.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
• Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
• Excellent ethical conduct, strategic thinking, decision making, ability to introduce initiatives and ability to lead and manage change.
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
• Ability to exercise strict confidentiality on personnel matters.
• Analytical and critical thinking, be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail.
• Have problem solving skills to deal with disputes, grievances and staffing problems.
• Have good organizing skills and be able to develop plans, policies and forecasts.
• Curious; an inquisitive, open-minded person, who seeks out new ways to support the development of the Company.
• Be able to use databases, spreadsheets, word processing; demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.