Rewards Deployment Manager
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Transport - Logistique
Maersk is hiring a Rewards Deployment Manager.
At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions.?We count on our people to make it happen.
That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.?The HR organization of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk.
This regional role will cover the following countries: Senegal, Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania and Sierra Leone.
The role will be based in Senegal but will work on a daily basis with the Lisbon People Partnering Hub. The People Partnering?Hub?is a truly?international HR support centre where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world.
Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
We are hiring for the long term, but as we progress with the transformation the type of work tasks will change, and we will also change gears from implementation mode to steady state service delivery. We therefore expect that you are comfortable with your role changing shape and scope along the way. Once we go live with the new model, your role will transform into managing independently the end-to-end compensation and benefits process for a set of countries, across brands, legal entities and employee groups.
You will work closely with People Partners, strategic HR Business Partners, the Rewards CoE and external service providers to ensure that we provide consistent employee experience in the area of rewards. A key to succeeding in this role will be balancing between significant complexity and diversity across countries and brands in the region, ensure compliance with relevant regulations and working towards providing an aligned employee experience.
You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world. In this role, you will support the organization and HR generalists with specific expert knowledge and delivery of high quality and on time outputs regarding Rewards in order to enable a great employee experience.
Support People Partners and HRBPs, including, but not limited to:
• Provide guidance to HR in local program/policy matters, prioritization of rewards resources
• Responsible for the end-to-end coordination and execution of the annual compensation review cycle and liaison with relevant internal stakeholders within own geographic scope (PPs, HRBPs, HRIT, Finance)
• Act as a sparring partner on individual salary proposals requiring special expertise
• Work with HR and Finance locally to prepare budget proposals (merit and rewards budget in general)
• Provide training, analyses, and background preparation for Rewards programs and processes to enable People Partners and HRBPs in successfully using these and applying the Rewards principles
• Proactively identify areas of improvement in how the Rewards package is constructed and Rewards are applied in countries/areas of responsibility
• Identify improvement opportunities in local processes and raise to global process managers
• Conduct appropriate market analyses, identifying gap to market and areas needing special attention
• Review vendor against service level agreements for benefits service delivery, contract negotiation, escalations
• Risk and controls governance at country level:
• Ensure compliance of local rewards/benefits programs
• Participate in global COE projects and are responsible for deployment within own region
• Give input to COEs on high level training needs
We are looking for
• You are data savvy in the Rewards domain and are excited about putting your deep expertise at work in the transition into new technology and processes at Maersk. As we progress with the transformation you are comfortable with your role changing shape and scope and focus on high quality operational delivery of rewards services and continuously drive improvements to ensure great employee experience.
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
• Strong experience (8 12 years) working with Rewards, within a global and complex environment
• Experience of implementing or using a leading global HR system with advanced compensation and benefits modules (Workday experience would be beneficial but not essential)
• Experience in large international organizations and ability to navigate complex stakeholder matrix
• Ability to effectively engage and mobilise diverse local HR stakeholders
• A proactive, ‘let’s get it done’ attitude geared towards continuous improvement
• Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced, developing project environment, taking ownership and setting directions with minimal guidance
• Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and bouncing back from setbacks while keeping your enthusiasm is a tall order, but we need it
• Collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions
• Highly analytical approach with a strong eye for detail
• Structured working style and focus on delivering results as per agreed timescales and scope
• Fluency in English (French beneficial but not essential)
If you have been reading so far, we’re are glad to see you are interested. If you could see yourself in this role and are keen to be part of the journey to establish a world-class Rewards Delivery function at Maersk, we look forward to hearing from you!
Last application date: 7 Dec 2021