Programs Quality Manager (Volunteer)
Mercy Ships Dakar, Sénégal
This is a volunteer role onboard the Africa Mercy, a hospital ship, serving those in need in sub-Saharan Africa by providing free, life-saving procedures and strengthening healthcare systems.
The Programs Quality Manager develops the Quality Management focus for Programs in collaboration with Programs leadership, and leaders across the ship. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing development of hospital-wide programs that enhance patient care, Quality, and Case Management.
What You Will Contribute
• A high degree of expertise in quality improvement and will actively work with Medical Staff and various departments to measure, analyze, and improve processes with continuous methods
• Advises the Programs Officer in areas of quality improvements in alignment with Programs and Organizational goals; working in conjunction with the Hospital Leadership Team & Medical Capacity Building management
• Initiates and oversees the development of comprehensive safety, quality, and performance improvement goals through the use of data analysis and trending data in their department
• Provides a summary of the performance data, identifies opportunities for improvement, and presents these findings to the Hospital Executive Team on a regular basis
• Facilitates internal audits; manages the data collection, reporting, and analysis function
• Supports the controlled document and policy writing, approval, and publishing processes throughout all Programs departments
For This Role, You Will Need
• Successful completion of Mercy Ships On Boarding program
• Bachelor’s degree in clinical healthcare-related field is required
• Three years of patient care experience or healthcare quality experience
• Experience in performance improvement and/or project management
• Advanced training and/or experience in continuous quality improvement
• Training in quantitative methods and statistical analysis
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or other recognized certification in quality and/or patient safety programs
• Knowledge of quality management models, processes, and tools in a healthcare setting
Questions about this information? Send us an email!
Our medical recruiter, Sheryl, would love to answer any questions you may have.
You can reach a recruiter at email address.