Procurement Solutions Centre Director
International Role - No - Only National applicants will be considered.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
*For WV internal applicants only.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Procurement Solutions Centre Director (PSC) will develop and implement strategy for, and lead the global Procurement/Supply Chain function for the organization to optimize the delivery of products and services through strategic sourcing and category management. The PSC Director will co-lead all Regional Supply Chain Directors and indirectly lead the Supply Chain function for National Offices. This will include recruitment, performance management, talent development and operational priorities and execution. This position also supervises the Global Center Buyers, and the Global Grant and Supply Chain Compliance Director, and connected functions.
• Develop and execute the global Procurement strategy including strategic sourcing, category management, and procurement risk management.
• Manage vendor and stakeholder relationships, including contract negotiations and performance.
• Partner and collaborate with the ProVision team to optimize functionality of processes and tools.
• Lead and manage GC buyers and staff to be accountable for effective and efficient delivery of goods/services at the best possible prices.
• Negotiate contracts and monitor vendor performance.
• Lead annual procurement planning process with GC and field stakeholders. Provide market analysis and advise to stakeholders for effective decision-making.
• Lead and manage the Global Grant and Supply Chain Compliance Director and function.
• Co-lead and manage with the Regional SDOs the six Regional Supply Chain Directors, to deliver on the Supply Chain strategies that support global field operations.
• Develop and implement Supply Chain standards, performance metrics/KPI's, and strategy.
• Identify and implement continuous improvements to simplify processes and drive operational excellence.
• Build capacity and bench strength of the global supply chain function.
• Identify and track key performance indicators and operational targets for GC and Field procurement that align with leadership expectations and goals, including but not limited spend analysis, negotiated savings, on-time payments, etc.
• Develop and deliver dashboard reporting tool for leadership showing progress against goals.
• Develop, implement and manage annual global Procurement budgets and cost recovery targets (procurement fee).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Masters' degree in supply chain management, business administration or comparable experience required.
• Professional certificate in purchasing, transportation and/or logistics and current member of CSCMP, CILT, CAPS or CIPS strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in contract negotiations, audit procedures, legal regulations. Basic understanding of accounting principles.
• Budgeting and cost center management, including forecasting and cost recovery.
• 15 years experience in sourcing, supply chain management or comparable field.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in complex and multi-faceted work environment.
• Able to lead a virtual and/or matrix team effectively.
• Expertise in developing and implementing a global procurement strategy.
• Clear conceptual and critical thinker who can convert ideas into outcomes.
• Master negotiator.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Project Management.
• Fluent in English (written and oral).
• Additional language desired, but not required.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Lean-Six Sigma training or certification preferred but not required. Project Management certification preferred but not required.
• May to travel up to 25-30% domestically and internationally.
• Capacity to work from home, requiring flexibility in working hours over a range of WV timezones, and to do so effectively.