World Bank Group hiring Office Assistant.
The Office Assistant reports to the Facilities Manager and the Country Manager and works closely with administrative, and IT teams. The Facilities Assistant supports the maintenance of the Dakar office buildings, main building and annex and latterly the IFC/IBDR new headquarter. He/she conducts daily rounds of the building throughout the day to report and identify facility issues and propose solutions to solve them. The Facilities Assistant is assigned responsibility for some administrative and security functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position are but not limited to the following:
Facilities Focal Points:
• Daily facilities operations and maintenance.
• Day to day operations support.
• Coordinate internal and external service providers
• Coordinate all day-to-day maintenance work for the office and residential property.
• Supervise external contactors (security, cleaning, maintenance etc.).
• Identifies, documents, and reports any maintenance problem for corrective action.
• Facilitate office moves/relocation activities
• Assist Country Management in security matters, and Fire, Life & Safety
• Participate in meetings at a frequency to be determined with the Resource Management Officer and service providers’ representatives.
• Handle requests for moving furniture between offices.
• Report daily to the Facilities Manager on the situation with the facilities, the different services provided and seek his guidance and prior approval as required.
• Minimum Education/Experience: Facilities / Maintenance related diploma or degree and at least five (5) years of progressive experience in the related field of work, preferably with International Development Organization.
• Must possess analytical skills, Real Estate Asset management knowledge, ability to reconcile accounts and excellent verbal and written skills.
• Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
• Knowledge of computer
• Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; can understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
• Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
• Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge of the English and French is essential
Local recruitment only, refers to someone who lives in Senegal currently