Mobile Money Network Manager
Dakar, Senegal | Full-time
Language Requirement: French and English
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Country Director
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa.
myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%.
Our organization is in a time of exciting growth and scale, after an already impactful 10 years of on-the-ground work.
Our primary growth will be in 3 main countries, and we’re actively planning expansion across West Africa- with our aim of making 70% of our farmers women!
Our North Star: to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
Learn more from myAgro’s founder here.
About the Mobile Money Network Manager
A key way of scaling myAgro’s digital network is by maintaining meaningful and lasting relationships with mobile money partners in SN and ML.
myAgro is seeking a Mobile Money Network Manager to develop and maintain strong relationships with key mobile money operators.
This is a new and exciting role given how quickly mobile money is growing in West Africa.
To date, 30% of payments in Senegal are coming via mobile money and we expect that number to more than double in the next few years.
About this Role
• Develop strong and strategic relationships with mobile money partners across West Africa, particularly Orange Money and Wave.
• Develop partnership agreements that accurately reflect and sustain myAgro’s plan for growth as an organization, as well as across all digital channels and softwares.
• Create and manage work plans with developed partners, paying keen attention to detail and best practices throughout.
• Act as the main resource and problem solver as bottlenecks occur.
• Design and manage the sign-off on strategic projects via mobile money partners to reach myAgro’s impact goals.
• Give input into the design of myAgro’s digital strategy.
• Strong understanding of and experience with Mobile Money and how it operates across the region.
• Knowledge of and experience in developing strong networks in West African telecommunications markets.
• Effective communication skills and coordinating between various potential partners, including mobile operators and other external entities.
• Prior experience in digital markets and work surrounding financial inclusion.
• Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally.
myAgro believes in gender equity in the workplace, and our aim is to have a 50% women- led workforce within our organization. We strongly encourage female candidates to apply.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics.
myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.