Finance and Operations Officer
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
CDD ou mission ponctuelle · Manager
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Already have a profile?
Finance and Operations Officer
Location: Senegal, Dakar
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
Position Number: 21:367
I FES seeks a Finance and Operations Officer, based in Dakar, to support a USAID-funded program that will support elections in Senegal. The Finance and Operations Officer will perform office administrative and operation duties in support of the IFES Senegal field office.
This position is a full-time local national employment opportunity and is open only to Senegalese nationals. This position is contingent on funding.
The Finance and Operations Officer will be responsible for all financial transactions, expense tracking and record keeping, day-to-day office administration, management of local contra cts and purchase orders, and other general support to program activities.
The Finance And Operations Officer Will
• Lead all project finance and operations, including general administrative processes, financial management, procurement, accounting, and logistics;
• Support office start-up, including NGO registration and opening and maintaining a bank account;
• Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures; ?
• Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with IFES policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, and Government of Senegal’s laws;
• Prepare local procurement packages together with the program team and ensure procurements and expenditures are in accordance with USAID and IFES policies and regulations;
• M onitor program budgets and forecast project expenses ; Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management;
• Collect office bills and make payments for regular office expenditures ;
• Ensure that all deposits and expenses are supported by appropriate documentation as required by IFES policy and donor regulations and are allocated to the appropriate budget category/ Chart of A ccounts ;
• Prepare vouchers in QuickBooks, and prepar e checks for all project expenditures into QuickBooks accounting system ;
• Prepare monthly financial reports with supporting documentation for all accounts, to be sent to IFES Headquarters as required ;
• Draft VAT or other tax or financial reports required by the Government of Senegal , in co nsult ation with IFES HQ ;
• Preparation of end - of - month bank reconciliation and processing of monthly payroll including withholding and payment of the necessary taxes to the authorities ;
• Forecast field office monthly operational costs for cash flow management and prepare monthly wire transfer requests when necessary ;
• Review petty cash custody and reconciliation as required ;
• Maintain project inventory and administrative files in field office ;
• Provide financial reporting guidance to subgrantees as needed ;
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of all suppliers/vendors and managing all contracts/ leases ;
• Liaise between IFES’ headquarters and Senegal field office on financial and procurement matters;
• In collaboration with the program team, provide administrative support to the organization and implementation of project activities .
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS And SPECIFICATIONS
• The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
• The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
• Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
• Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
• Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
• Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
EDUCATION And QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working with international NGOs, or combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations on financial management and procurement is required; Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), budgeting and fiscal control principles; Ability to maintain and apply strong internal controls for finance and procurements;
• Demonstrated experience with developing and managing budgets;
• Relevant skills and proficiency in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets, including MS Office and QuickBooks;
• Ability to create and maintain effective working relations with international donor agencies, electoral management bodies, subgrantees, and government stakeholders a plus;
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of professionals and organizations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS : Fluency in English and French required.
TRAVEL : Travel outside Dakar may be required .
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT : Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.