• Dakar, Sénégal
• Journalisme - Édition
BBC recruits a Field Producer.
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million.
As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a new Sports weekly TV programme and innovative digital sport content alongside existing African Sport output.
We are looking for Multimedia Broadcast Journalists with excellent spoken English and French to work on our flagship sports show for the Francophone market, Sport Afrique.
The successful candidate will need to have a very good knowledge of sport in Africa, global sport, particularly the Premiership and Athletics, and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media sports coverage.
• To produce content for BBC Africa audiences on TV, online and radio.
• To write, research, produce, report and edit stories.
• To be responsible for studio production of live and pre-recorded programmes.
• To work on social platforms to promote our content and engage with our audiences
The Ideal Candidate
• You will be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
• You will have a good knowledge of what works on TV and digital platforms within the market and a proven track record of coming up with ideas and seeing them through to delivery, ideally in a creative or media environment.
• A very good knowledge of sport, in particular sport that appeals to young and female African audiences.
• Continuing contract
Based in Dakar, Senegal
Local terms and conditions apply
Relocation assistance will be considered for this role
Any offer of employment with the BBC is conditional upon you having the right to work in Senegal.
Please submit your CV and application questions in English.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us.
Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC.
We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles.
The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here
Closing date : 27 September 2021.