E-LEARNING SOLUTIONS TECHNICIAN (BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational centres supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF Operational Centre Paris one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations. MSF OCBA acts as the hosting directorate for TEMBO to support the MSF movement.
TEMBO (https://tembo.msf.org) is a digital learning ecosystem used across the organization, mutualizing efforts, gaining efficiency across MSF entities, and providing a space for all MSF Staff to learn, develop themselves and share knowledge. It contains learning activities such as courses, quick videos and exercises, job-ads, learning communities, and many other professional development resources.
In January 2017, MSF Operational Centre Barcelona (OCBA) was awarded 4.2 million Euros from MSF Transformational Investment Capacity (TIC) funds to provide MSF workers with personal learning and development environments. After almost four years of investments developing the grounds of the project and learning from the initial pilots, the program is in the middle of the phase of adoption and scaling-up the use of TEMBO in all operational centres and their field projects as well as improving the current system’s qualities and features while consolidating the Tembo Shared Services operational model.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The MSF-Tembo Shared Service eLearning technician, working under the supervisor of the TEMBO Shared Services eLearning Solutions Manager, is responsible for giving support in the design and development of learning solutions, always looking at providing creative and best quality services that meet MSF Movement learning needs.
Design, manage and ensure the development, implementation, evolution and corrective maintenance of the eLearning solutions according to MSF sponsor needs and Projects & IT premises to enhance the productivity of the organizational solutions.
Support the Learning Solutions Manager in the development of projects and services to ensure the alignment of functional and technical requirements.
Offer the best user support experience by responding to end-user queries and identifying relevant needs.
TEMBO is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency and quality of data and information management. In the framework of the TEMBO Business Case, the Shared Services Operational Model and the MSF IT department objectives, the organization requires a high-quality support to and evolution of its Learning Solutions available for the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters.
The e-Learning Solutions Technician is placed in the Tembo Shared Services, in the area of eLearning Solutions and reports to the eLearning Solutions Manager. He/she will work within the Applications & Projects team part of the Projects & IT team.
• Be the first point of contact for Tembo LMS end-users seeking technical assistance, providing accurate Information about the product/service for an efficient operation and integration of data and information
• Run basic trouble shootings.
• Support technical elearning content activities
• Maintain the operations and performance of Tembo LMS system
• Manage and provide technical support to the development of applications and information systems for Learning processes and its evolutionary and corrective maintenance
• Update the needed the documentation related to the applications (instructions, manuals, training module)
• Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance initiatives for Learning
• Keep up to date on latest technologies and applications through training, periodicals, research and development
• Design and optimize data models and standards, databases and information flow processes services of Learning according to the availability and security requirements established by IT
• Perform the correct integration of data and processes information that is stored in Learning systems with other functional departments of MSF
• Analyse the risks involved before any intervention in production systems
• Ensure that procedures lifecycle of the applications are applied consistently both logically and in different physical environments that are available (development, integration, production)
• Execute system validation tests and procedures of the systems belonging to the Learning function when needed
• Work with external service providers ensuring the operation of systems and troubleshooting
• Contribute to the sharing of knowledge to the organization in the areas under his/her responsibility
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
Expériences / Formation
Education and experience
• University Degree, preferably related to engineering disciplines (Computer Sciences, Telecommunications, Industrial Engineering), or Computer Technician, or similar.
• 3 years’ experience in positions related to software administration and support to end-users.
• Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
• Experience in customer-oriented tasks requiring communication skills.
• Desirable experience in software implementation and/or project management.
• Desirable experience in software testing, preparation of documentation and instructions
• Languages: English and French required, other languages (Spanish, Arabic) valuable
• Very good command of Microsoft Office and/or Open Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
• Knowledge about Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Totara, Cornerstone, etc.)
• Desirable knowledge about LAMP environments, particularly PHP
• Knowledge about eLearning authoring solutions
• Knowledge about SCORM standard
• Sharepoint, Office365
• Web development: HTML, CSS
• Nice to have graphic design, multimedia and video edition
• Commitment to MSF’s Principles
• Cross-cultural Awareness
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Stress Management
• Strong communication skills
• Analytical Thinking
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Service Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Planning and Organization
• Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit,etc.).
• Full time job
• Commitment of 1-year, potential extension
• Annual gross salary: HQ-3A (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
• Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter
• Closing date: January 19th, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)