Description de l'offre
Chief of Party USAID-Better USAID Lives for Mes Enfants (BLM)
Opérations exécutives sur le terrain
Rôle international - No - Seuls les candidats nationaux seront considérées.
WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN NGO CENTERED ON CHILDREN
RECRUITING INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY
Please note that this position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
POSITION: Chief of Party (CoP) – USAID-Better Lives for Mes Enfants (BLM) (Grade Level 18)
Type of Contract: Fixed-term full time contract (1 year), Project full time contract after 1 year if you got a good performance
Purpose of the position:
The Chief of Party has the ultimate responsibility for directing and establishing systems for the activity for achieving the performance results in the activity areas, and for determining the appropriate staffing pattern in support of its technical approach. S/He will have will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID. S/he will have an overall responsibility for coordination of all activities and staff of the anticipated USAID-Better Lives for Mes Enfants (BLM), which supports and builds on a successful USAID-funded activity, [Combating Forced Child Begging in Dakar (2014-2016 and 2018-2020)] that led to a reduction in the number of talibés forced to beg in targeted Dakar municipalities because of strong community-level engagement. This potential three-year award aims to support the creation of community-created and community supported local educational opportunities to reduce the need for parents to send their children to remote, urban daaras. The Chief of Party (CoP) shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in Senegal including the Ministry of Family, Feminine Organizations and Child Protection of Senegal, the Ministry of Education, local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate.
S/he will manage a team of senior staff, and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant. The CoP is expected to have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of the child protection and education sector, as well as a strong management expertise. S/he will report and/or be accountable to the USAID, World Vision Senegal and World Vision US. S/he also provides strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to children’s protection and educational outcomes.
(Accountabilities and results) Weight (%)
• Provide leadership in achieving the overall program objectives of: increased capacity of the community to develop and implement effective strategies to enable children to safely study in their own communities and reduce forced child begging and of having influential religious leaders and local government actors support local Koranic education without forced begging, and to promote child protection efforts.
• Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
• Manage proactive and responsive relationship with grant donor in close collaboration with World Vision staff both in Senegal and in the U.S 10%
• Management of the Better Lives Mes Enfant Project
• Supervise a team of senior level international and national staff with education technical skills.
• Lead grant operations staff including finance, M&E, and communications.
• Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to manage complex donor-funded projects.
• Lead grant staff and short-term consultants.
• Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
• Submit timely, accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements.
• Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure project staff submit accurate and timely financial reports, forecasts, and burn rate analyses to donors and Support Office staff.
• Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits.
• Establish clear and frequent communication regarding program progress and oversight management with the donor and World Vision US.
• Communicate, as soon as possible, with leadership and coworkers on any programme quality issue for it to be addressed collectively.
• Contribute to the preparation and writing of World Vision Senegal’s annual reports by providing all data and information related to the project. 40%
• Monitoring and Evaluation of the Better Lives Mes Enfant Project
• Oversee the M&E implementation framework of the project in alignment with WV's strategy, standards, guidelines and processes.
• Undertake frequent field monitoring visits to ensure proper and accurate implementation of the project by staff and partners
• Develop or adapt and disseminate diagnostic, analysis and reporting tools that will help field staff to better document and share the impacts of the project.
• Develop innovative approaches to monitor the performance and effectiveness of the project.
• Consistently look for more effective and efficient implementation methods and opportunities to increase impact on project objectives.
• Participate and conduct on-going lessons learned sessions with key staff and partners/sub-grantees. 15%
• External Engagements, Networking and Partnership.
• Liaise with the Ministry of Family, Feminine Organizations and Child Protection of Senegal, Ministry of Education, local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Represent World Vision Senegal at relevant UN agencies and partners’ meetings by actively participating in meetings and activities of this cluster and sharing reports with the leadership
• Ensure that technical staff, projects manager/coordinator participate in meetings and activities of child protection and education working groups/ clusters in their respective regions and share reports on these meetings and activities. 15%
• Capacity building and innovations.
• Provide regular technical support to project field staff through targeted training, tools and resources in order to facilitate effective and quality implementation.
• Facilitate the introduction of innovative practices, methodologies or approaches in the implementation of the project where / when possible. 10%
• Ressources Acquisition and Management
• Actively contribute to the process of identifying, assessing and designing grant projects proposals to strengthen and diversify funding in Child protection and education, as well as creating other project / program synergies
• Ensure that technical and high quality standards in implementing Better Lives for Mes Enfants project meet or exceed donor expectations. 10 %
• Able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Perform other duties as required
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A Master’s degree in management, international development, political science or a related field
• Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in international development;
• In-depth expertise and experience in trafficking in persons and/or forced begging or labor and demonstrate their experience in leading training or activities in this subject area
• Expertise in promoting change in the Trafficking in Person (TIP), child welfare or child protection sectors
• Have excellent training and experience in working with local communities on self-identified solutions with demonstrated sustainability
• S/he must have demonstrated capabilities in high-level strategic visioning and working effectively with local civil society organizations, local government and community-led organizations;
• Demonstrated exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar sized donor-supported programs;
• Skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting;
• Strong communication skills in French and Wolof or other local language spoken in Senegal;
• Demonstrated ability to work constructively with both senior level of government officials and local community leaders;
• Have excellent training and experience in working with local communities on self-identified solutions with demonstrated sustainability;
• Leadership competence, self-motivated and a team player;
• Leadership and key personnel who are fluent in local languages and have experience in the local culture are highly desired and preferred. A Cooperating Country National (CCN) is highly preferred
• Experience in managing inter-agency consortiums
• Fluency in French is required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Office based position with frequent movements to the fields;
• Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Process of hiring
Phase 1: individual interview with a panel.
To apply, you need to send a letter of motivation addressed to the National Director of World Vision Senegal, accompanied by a CV, as following:
Note : Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encourages.
Deadline for application: 11 June 2021