TEAM: Country Leadership Team (CLT)
LOCATION: Bamako with field travel
GRADE: TBC (Competitive Package and Accompanied)
POST TYPE: International
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years, renewable
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
As a member of the CLT and the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Mali, the Finance Director shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO).
The Director of Finance is responsible for budgeting, financial management, financial and grant reporting and leadership of the finance team, in both emergency and development programming contexts.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Report to: Country Director
Matrix report to: Regional Finance Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: 2 Finance Managers
Staff working closely with:
Member of the CLT, the core SMT and extended SMT, Budget Holders, Country finance team (circa 20 staff currently) and Regional finance teams.
Country Dimensions: S
ave the Children International (SCI) works in 8 regions in Mali (Sikasso, Koulikoro, Kayes, Mopti, Segou, Tombouctou, Gao) with approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of circa $33 million.
SCI works in Mali with the support of a very diverse portfolio of donors including ECHO, USAID, Royal Netherlands Embassy Mali, Canadian Government, Danida, UNICEF, and Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria etc.
Knowledge of those donors is a plus for this position.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of the Senior Management Team
Planning and Budgeting
Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Control
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development – Finance
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization;
- Experience with recent experience working in an emergency context;
- CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended;
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent analytical skills - the ability to analyze complex financial data and design and produce effective management information;
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management;
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures;
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions;
- Excellent experience of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Experience of general administration work ;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary;
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies;
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment;
- Understanding of Save the Children's vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values;
- Written and verbal fluency in English and in French.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here ...
Date advertised: 4 May 2021
Closing date: 19 May 2021 - 00:59 BST
Location: Bamako, Mali
Type: Fixed-term contract