Catholic Relief Services, USCCB, « CRS » Mali is recruiting the following staff for its program: Country Program Communications Manager – H/F
« The CRS places special emphasis on family values, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, availability of a crèche in the office and working flexible hours whenever possible ».
In applying for this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to: treat all people with dignity and respect and actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking.
Furthermore, I understand that if I am a successful applicant, I will be subject to a thorough background check and that my personal/ professional references will be used to assess my behaviour related to the above protection topics.
Position Title: Country Program Communications Manager
Band: Bande 9
Reports to: Business Development Specialist
Location: Mali – Bamako
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality.
CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
About CRS Mali
CRS has been operating in Mali since 1999 supporting relief and development operations in the country.
Over the past years, CRS engaged in health, humanitarian response, education, agriculture, and peacebuilding/social cohesion. CRS has developed strong relationships with government line ministries, partners, and communities we serve in the country, implementing a multi-sectoral program portfolio.
Current large projects are in the fields of health, education, and humanitarian response with a significant footprint in the sectors of agriculture and livelihoods, peacebuilding and social cohesion, and resilience.
CRS has four offices in the country, a coordination office in Bamako and three sub offices in Sevare, Timbuktu, and Gao. CRS Mali is poised to grow substantially in the coming years with projects that will span the entire geography of Mali.
The Communications Manager for CRS Mali works closely with the Country Program team, notably the Business Development Specialist, Program Managers, and relevant Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning staff to capture progress, innovations, and lessons learned.
You will also engage with Regional Communications staff and HQ Communications team to create content and to ensure strategic alignment of communications, consistent messaging and a strong brand identity.
The Communications Manager will create effective visibility material and content and use effective communications channels to reach a number of different audiences and help increase CRS Mali preposition and position for business development and influence purposes.
This includes stories, multimedia and reports as required, as well as ensuring CRS’ compliance with donor branding and marking requirements. The Communications Manager will also work with different teams in the Country Programme and the region to organize successful learning and capitalization events as part of visibility efforts in the country.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- In coordination with the Regional Communications staff, create and implement a robust communications strategy that supports country program business goals and aligns with regional and agency strategy.
- Write, design and manage the production of creative and compelling communication and marketing material – stories, photos, video, fact sheets, brochures, etc. – for various audiences, including public and private donors, local and national governments, local Church, partners, media and others as needed.
- Support CRS Mali’s BDS in creating specific content as required for business development processes.
- Coordinate freelancers in the production of above marketing materials as needed.
- Support the procurement processes for licenses, equipment and applications needed to implement the CPs communications plan.
- Use and tailor agency messages tailored for each audience and identify and utilize effective distribution channels to disseminate communications materials to key audiences.
- Work with the regional and HQ communications team to ensure material from CRS Mali is adequately featured in agency social media channels.
- Work with the regional and HQ communications team to explore creation of CRS Mali social media handles.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media and help identify opportunities to reach key audiences, and coach country program staff in effective local media representation.
- Support the dissemination of relevant information among personnel, partners, and project participants as well as other identified stakeholders.
- Provide marketing and communications support for events, including signage, handouts, talking points, photos, liaising with media, etc., and convene local media whenever a CRS event takes place.
- Lead the creation of processes, manuals and trainings for CP staff and partners on issues related to communications, marketing, and media created for the development of the CP.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related studies; experience in INGOs or UN preferred.
- Minimum 3 years progressive marketing and communication experience, ideally for an NGO or another organization in development and relief programming.
- Individual must possess the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Must possess ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully disseminating information to a variety of target audiences.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and desktop publishing skills
Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, is strongly desired.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, a valid criminal record (only mandatory once selected for the position) and the contacts of three references, including the one from the last job, must be received no later than October 28th 2021 at the following email address:... with the following subject: Application for the position of : » Country Program Communications Manager « .
NB: Any application that does not include the above-mentioned subject will not be considered.
Only those selected for testing will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply